TrackIR jumping view

H141

Here you have example of this problem

DCS 1.5.7 stable with or without mods is the same.

TrackIR (in my case SmartNAV 4AT) sees tracking points without problems and breaks. The problem does not occur in other games (XPlane 10, IL2 COD).

My PC:

i7 3770k, Radeon Fury, Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Looks like you have something in the background that is being mistaken as one of the 3 IR targets making trackir think you turned your head. Use the camera view in trackir software to see what is happening when you move your head.

There are ways to adjust the sensitivity of the camera, the strength of the IR light and the processing mode. And if needed you will see what you need to move/turn off to avoid the IR interference.

Also, you're making me sea-sick :joystick: :D

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

I recently remove centring spring from my Saitek x45. Now I can control much easier. Hovever, its not staying on same position so I have to keep control it manualy instead of trim and produce this flactuation.

Thanks for advice, I will check IR intensity.

Fwiw, I was using facetrackNoIR with freetrack and clip on IR lights...and my view did the same thing, sudden jumping and extreme angle changes (e.g., a 30^ head turn to left = -90^ pitch + 30^ roll).

A comment on these forums suggested using opentrack instead of FTNoIR, and this reduced the craziness but didn’t make it go fully away.

I’ve adjusted anything the seemed to help with this, but no go. I’m wondering—because it came upon me suddenly, no lighting change, background conflict, etc—if there was an update recently which caused a problem.

Or maybe the IR leds are just dim? (If I shorten the distance to the camera it seems to work better)

If I understand correctly, you are wearing some kind of reflector points like the TrackIR hat clip? If none of the points are being momentarily obscured by hair, a headset cable or anything else, I would check if sunlight might not be the culprit. I had something similar, only more extreme with TrackIR5 Pro if the sun shone too brightly into my room. The IR sun rays would simply flood the TIR camera and basically blind from seeing the TIR Pro's LED's properly. If it were not terribly bright, it might get a little erratic at times, like in your video. Try pulling curtains or shades before using your tracker to see if that improves your experience. Also, don't allow any bright lighting to shine on your tracker camera directly.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 5 months later...

Funny thing: I am getting this jumping picture thing from time to time using EDtracker together with opentrack - as this isn't using any optical reference points I think those sudden orientation changes are produced within DCS - and it's within DCS 2.5 stable and the newest beta as well ... when this occurs DCS isn't flyable any longer with an activated tracking device ... trying to re-center the device, opentrack and the DCS view doesn't help, too.

Anyone any idea how to solve this or what could cause this?

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker