Warthog button not recognised in Alpha (works in beta)

Hi

I use my Warthog Throttle mouse ball button (JOY_BTN1) for as my cage/uncage button on the AV-8B.

It's working fine in beta. But in alpha the button press is not detected at all. Everything else maps fine, except that one button.

Can anyone advise what could be the issue here?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Works fine for me.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I don't use that button for anything normally, but yes I did map it to cage/uncage for the AV8B in 2.2 and it works fine.

Perhaps manually map it to BTN1 and see if it works.

• Like 1

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I logged a ticket last night, and subsequently received a reply that has helped me fix the issue.

Deleted (actually, moved out of the folder) the input mappings in my %userprofile%\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input

Went into settings and attempted to map the JOY_BTN1 to a function on the AV-8B ... it was detected fine.

I could have then set up all my controls again, but instead I just imported the settings I copied out of the folder previously. Obviously it overwrote the JOY_BTN1 I just mapped, but I simply re-mapped it again and it was still detected correctly.

johnv2pt0 - you might want to try that with your pinky switch.