New machine being built.

Last time I read an announcement stating that a major upgrade would happen any time soon, I built a new machine to accommodate what was stated. Like SLI, new engine, etc. Well that machine sits in the corner, never turned on. I had invested over 3000.00 in that build.

Fast forward to the announcement......2.5 will arrive within several weeks. So hopefully I wont look like a fool for ordering new parts for a totally new build. I spent about 4000.00. Not counting the software, flight sim controls...etc. :music_whistling:

I realize 2.5 probably will not be perfect. :smilewink:

With the new DRM ( which I do not quite understand) I do not think that I am affected by this.

I say that since I have never authorized ( enabled??) any of the modules I have. I loaded the free trial versions and played with them but that is all.

This DRM...?? am I too believe that if I have these modules running and only play single player and things move on and I want to keep everything as it is and not update anything....and this copy protection sees I have not, then it will disable my entire DCS? Or it will not operate without some new update....dont understand..:cry:

Lazduc :D

You will not be affected Lazduc, the new DRM is very similar to what we have now on the user side (starforce drm).

The discussion about this new DRM, is only to do with how long you can use DCS Offline before you need to log back in to DCS to verify your account. At the moment the new system is set to 4 days. Many want to be able to use DCS offline for 2 weeks to a month.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

One more note of caution. DCS hasn't been too SLI friendly. I had two 980Ti's and chucked it all for TitanX, then 1080Ti. So Do keep that in mind if you run into any issues.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Thanks for the info. I have two 1080ti's that are going in the new build. ED gave up on SLI a long time ago....but SLI works in other software I have.

Looking forward to 2.5. If it is stable and no major bugs I will load all my DCS stuff and have a go at all of it.

Thanks for the info. I have two 1080ti's that are going in the new build. ED gave up on SLI a long time ago....but SLI works in other software I have.

Looking forward to 2.5. If it is stable and no major bugs I will load all my DCS stuff and have a go at all of it.

like ethereum? hehe :smilewink:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hello,I have a similar situation as the OP as I have a I7 8700K inbound in a few days,My question is do I need to deactivate all my old Maps/Modules/Campaigns from my old PC before installing DCS World and Modules on New one? Thank You.

I would deactivate the modules using the module manager, that way you will not loose any activations.

Take a copy of your eagle dynamics folder and just copy the whole folder to your new PC. (You do not need to run any installers)

E:\eagle dynamics\ (Etc)

Run a repair on DCS using the windows command prompt

Launch DCS from the DCS (bin folder) DCS.exe or DCS_updater.exe (Create new shortcuts to these if you want)

If you want to keep your key bindings, then copy C:\Users\myuser\Savegames\DCS World. This is optional as DCS will recreate this file anyway.

the process is pretty simple and straightforward:

DEACTIVATE ALL MODULES --->copy/move DCS folder(s) to new drive --> repair DCS ---> activate & fly.

I just did that myself across 3 drives back and forth, did a repair for all and it works.

The only thing that wont are my controller files, DCS refuses to accept any of them in all installs, quite a pain now :(

You might have troubles with copying the controller files back like BitMaster above?

C:\Users\<yourname>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input (and then various aircraft)

Copy back one aircraft at a time and launch DCS and see how you go.

Edited by David OC
  • Like 1

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I would deactivate the modules using the module manager, that way you will not loose any activations.

Take a copy of your eagle dynamics folder and just copy the whole folder to your new PC. (You do not need to run any installers)

Launch DCS from the DCS (bin folder) DCS.exe or DCS_updater.exe (Create new shortcuts to these if you want)

If you want to keep your key bindings, then copy C:\Users\myuser\Savegames\DCS World. This is optional as DCS will recreate this file anyway.

You might have troubles with copying the controller files back like BitMaster above?

This is Great!! Thank You!!:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

ehhhhhhhhh...controller iD#s will change and you must rename your old files so they match the new controller ID-tag. Just did that myself with my own 8700k project....what a pain !

example:: --> Throttle - HOTAS Warthog {2A6EE030-D32C-11e6-8001-444553540000}.diff the ID in brackets will change, rename your OLD files so they match the new ID :)

define a button for stick throttle and rudders so DCS creates you a new file with your new ID, copy the name to old file for each one, then import via GUI, LOAD PROFILE

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

ehhhhhhhhh...controller iD#s will change and you must rename your old files so they match the new controller ID-tag. Just did that myself with my own 8700k project....what a pain !

example:: --> Throttle - HOTAS Warthog {2A6EE030-D32C-11e6-8001-444553540000}.diff the ID in brackets will change, rename your OLD files so they match the new ID :)

define a button for stick throttle and rudders so DCS creates you a new file with your new ID, copy the name to old file for each one, then import via GUI, LOAD PROFILE

Or, just do as I did, and rebind everything! Such good practice! :doh:

Or, just do as I did, and rebind everything! Such good practice! :doh:

That is ok if you own less than a handful of airframes.

With way over a dozen modules this mprocess gets very time consuming...and should not be needed.