VR in 2.5

Burgo38

Hello sorry for the late answer, just open up your steam vr software then:

Settings -> Developer and then uncheck "Advanced Supersampling" checkbox

now move to your main steam folder -> config folder -> steamvr.vrsettings file, open it with Notepad and you should find these lines

delete everything from the very 1st { to }, included, just what shown here, then save and restart SteamVR, start DCS and you're good to go

I blindly followed this advice and steam VR would no longer load up until I copy and pasted the very things I had deleted and put them back again! Not recommended!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I blindly followed this advice and steam VR would no longer load up until I copy and pasted the very things I had deleted and put them back again! Not recommended!

You only have to DELETE those lines of code and you MUST NOT copy any single line of code and BE SURE that you're deleting the whole code included the final comma.

If this operation is getting too hard to perform i suggest to delete the file steamvr.vrsettings, it will be recreated by steam VR software on startup, but just BE SURE TO HAVE "Advanced Supersampling" checkbox UNCHECKED in your steam VR software, before running it, after you deletedthe steamvr.vrsettings file.

Edited by Simon1279

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

• 2 months later...
You only have to DELETE those lines of code and you MUST NOT copy any single line of code and BE SURE that you're deleting the whole code included the final comma.

If this operation is getting too hard to perform i suggest to delete the file steamvr.vrsettings, it will be recreated by steam VR software on startup, but just BE SURE TO HAVE "Advanced Supersampling" checkbox UNCHECKED in your steam VR software, before running it, after you deletedthe steamvr.vrsettings file.

Hi,

ist this still applicable? i had no improvement with this. advanced supersampling is back "on" in the settings after i close steamvr, delete the steamvr settings file and start steamvr again. is this supposed to be? also with deletion of the config file steam-vr reverts back to the 100% supersampling (which is in fact 1.5 PD) as default. am i supposed to turn down the steam-vr supersample and use ingame PD instead?