Will the map be extended?

csper

I think Wags said that they hope to extend the Persian Gulf map north to Iraq.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

It would only make sense for a map that's being called "Persian Gulf" to at least at some point in the future to contain the actual Persian Gulf ;-)

Even an opcoming Syria map has been announced. That basically only leaves Turkey; and then the Caucasus, Syria and Persian Gulf maps can be merged into 1 big map :-D

I would love to do ferry flights from Georgia to Oman for example ;-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It would only make sense for a map that's being called "Persian Gulf" to at least at some point in the future to contain the actual Persian Gulf ;-)

Even an opcoming Syria map has been announced. That basically only leaves Turkey; and then the Caucasus, Syria and Persian Gulf maps can be merged into 1 big map :-D

I would love to do ferry flights from Georgia to Oman for example ;-)

I just realized how close we are :pilotfly:

Happy Bug Hunting!

The reason its call Persian gulf nobody knew where the Strait of Hormuz was

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Yes, Wags did say they hope to extend the map to the north and west. He also said the ultimate goal (way way off) is to have a connected "world" map. The kicker in all of this however is the fact that current hardware can't handle much bigger than what we are getting now. I forget the size mentioned, but in the most recent hornet live stream Wags made a point to say any bigger and performance would suffer. I think it was 350km by 350km... or 250km... Idk, point is we're a ways off from a big connected map.

Extending the Strait of Hormuz is the only natural way to go.

Go north and you will find what you seek.

With Recent History and right up to Today, these areas are very much disputed and the disputes will get worse in the next 10 years.

This area is sooo relevant!

These maps offer the best balance for our home computers ability to render clutter whilst offering a very diverse weapon opposition variety.

Only here can we offer the joy us western and eastern combat pilots will love!

At some point we must break the our reliance on the old ways...... we spent many years playing the Caucuses and this simply breeds weakness...... we must break our predictable trend.

We have a huge..... no massive amounts of missions in both online and offline use in the caucuses map! however for the chopper pilot the caucuses is a hilarious joke that is almost unbearable!..... it is basically an arcade map that you can fly through trees and lamp posts..... do you flight guys not get this?.? Does the jet/plane community not understand this fundamental point?

Nevada is god to the Chopper pilot!

If the community lacks the ability to adapt to any new combat environments then they must be forced!

Only in force will they know how to adapt and overcome!

Only the dynamic campaign will do, It is my belief that this community, whilst they may exhibit great prowess in a fixed environment, I believe they will be meat for the grinder in the true war environment that the dynamic campaign offers.

The dynamic campaign online will be a horrifying fluid dynamic excuse for violence that will have no peers.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I am sure everyone has said it already but it seems like this tech is years not weeks away.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome. What a map!

I put them into Google Earth map

32214996_1838843679470845_3525279336598863872_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGmbxM5ocBcAAgtDHHSZajZOy-AQDqMX9Jt_Vp7zqhbvTNn_qbZ7xy2XqExsUHh5zOhg4wIUZlfr2O7dGiLUNmiCb4SQVGIj635xGd5l3smnA&oh=fa0d2b2f147af081dd2be980ee3829ca&oe=5B566DA6

Nice. What will be the actual battle space then on this map and compared to the Caucasus map?

EDIT: Or maybe distance between farthest away airports compared to Caucasus.

Edited by HiJack

Nice. What will be the actual battle space then on this map and compared to the Caucasus map?

EDIT: Or maybe distance between farthest away airports compared to Caucasus.

Actually, if them work as NTTR and Normandy, all map, but out of the Black Box central section will have low resolution terrain. I need compare them with the Caucasus map on google earth.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Actually, if them work as NTTR and Normandy, all map, but out of the Black Box central section will have low resolution terrain. I need compare them with the Caucasus map.

I did the air distance.

Kerman - Al Dhafrah = 686 Km (427 mi)

Anapa - Tbilisi = 720 Km (447 mi)

That will be a good space to create missions. :thumbup:

By my maps.google skills and some estimation, that image makes the low detailed part of the map about 1600 km by 1000 km

If you want to fly the F-18, there's nothing to stop you putting a carrier group off Kuwait on that map, and flying CAP along the Iranian coast to Pakistan for a > 3000km round trip, all inside the map ...

Cheers.

I really hope to see the map eventually encompass as far north as Mosul... then some good Gulf War II and ISIS scenarios could be made! Not to mention virtually flying some of the northern Iraq airspace that I flew for real would be a real hoot...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2