Iranian Jester AI?

carss

I'm pretty sure Farsi is an Iranian language. Nevertheless the point was to see whether the native Iranian language would be implemented onto the Iranian F-14's Jester AI regardless of how many of the DCS players speak it.

They could use subtitles for it too, I'm pretty sure the English one might just have subtitles anyways so that should do it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I'm pretty sure Farsi is an Iranian language. Nevertheless the point was to see whether the native Iranian language would be implemented onto the Iranian F-14's Jester AI regardless of how many of the DCS players speak it.

They could use subtitles for it too, I'm pretty sure the English one might just have subtitles anyways so that should do it

yes they do speak Farsi, it's also called Persian, as far as I know, they're both the same language just different name!!!

yes they do speak Farsi, it's also called Persian, as far as I know, they're both the same language just different name!!!

Yup, thanks for clarifying. I was positive that was it, and idk why he said that it isn't

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

It would be good for immersion, but bad for interaction for non Farsi speakers. I don't really like to have to read subtitles written at the screen's corner while dogfighting… In Arma 3 I still don't get any single word when I play within the Persian faction.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

If they had the time and resources, this is one option I'd be interested in. That being said, I'm always wary because more options means more bugs, but it would be cool to start recognizing calls in Farsi. Sure, you'd need to read subtitles for the first few months, but I'm guessing you could familiarize yourself with the limited set of words and phrases that will be repeated.

I look at it as a crazy fun way of doing a very limited form of a Rosetta Stone language course.

You can get a feel for it flying the Russian birds and talking to tankers and ATC. You start to get an ear for some of the phrases, if not the specific words.

If they had the time and resources, this is one option I'd be interested in. That being said, I'm always wary because more options means more bugs, but it would be cool to start recognizing calls in Farsi. Sure, you'd need to read subtitles for the first few months, but I'm guessing you could familiarize yourself with the limited set of words and phrases that will be repeated.

I look at it as a crazy fun way of doing a very limited form of a Rosetta Stone language course.

You can get a feel for it flying the Russian birds and talking to tankers and ATC. You start to get an ear for some of the phrases, if not the specific words.

there are plenty of Iranian DCS users and even couple of real word airforce pilots ( they might not be able to help due to some problems with Airforce MP services, they don't like trouble at all ) that can help developers on this topic.

although I'm pretty sure it's not a popular topic among most DCS users as Iranian users of DCS are small in number.

I don't see a problem here. Jester will "only" play sound files to communicate with the player i guess and i think these will be replaceable by modders. So let jester speak in any language you want or make him female....

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I'm sure someone could make a mod for it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

A mod would compromise integrity

Start your own server specific to your needs.

The reality is that you are talking about an incredibly small portion of the people utilizing DCS.

We all want it to be what we have in our minds as perfect. In your case I would suggest that you can make it happen but it will require your own server and your own mod. Very achievable.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Since there will be a separate Iranian F-14, would it's Jester AI be talking in Arabic or Farsi?

What is this "separate" F-14? Do you mean a livery/skin or could you link to the source explaining this?

What could be a good middle ground (since I think localising Jester languages is likely to be difficult in multiple languages) would be to ask for the accessibility of the sound files so as to make it easier to mod.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

What is this "separate" F-14? Do you mean a livery/skin or could you link to the source explaining this?

What could be a good middle ground (since I think localising Jester languages is likely to be difficult in multiple languages) would be to ask for the accessibility of the sound files so as to make it easier to mod.

Heatblur spoke of making a separate Iranian F-14A which would come without a TV camera, and possibly a few other things like a downgraded radar or undermaintained TF-30 engines possibly. Check their latest update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]