Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

If you reboot your computer and re-install Tacview 1.7.1, do you get the same error message?

Yep, works now. Thanks.

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Tacview Playback not matching game play

I was wondering if anyone else is getting this in Tacview or maybe if it is DCS itself. My Tacview replays are no longer matching what happens in the game.

Pretty much the only time I see this is with A2A missiles. Tacview will show the missile slam into the enemy plane and then say that you destroyed the enemy plane. However, in game the enemy was not even smoking much less destroyed. Then I fire my second missile at the enemy in game and then in Tacview it shows me firing at nothing. Then lets say another person on my side fires a missile at the same enemy in game and they then get the kill in game. This has only started happening since 1.5.8 and came over into 2.5. I have a ton of Tacview videos now like the one below. My missiles are fired at close range with little to no Gs being pulled, they slam right into the enemy and it says I destroyed them but in game they are not even damaged.

See screen shots to illustrate what I'm trying to ask.

Screenshots:

1) About to fire

2) Fired

3) Hit and killed

4) My 2nd missile

5) Another player firing and destroying the same enemy

Thanks

1.thumb.PNG.3e1dcecdb3ba55beb294f9432de0bd19.PNG

2.thumb.PNG.ede7004e2d89aeaf2f98af555258eb39.PNG

3.thumb.PNG.5e8874b4acbe5af800b0ad2a0b1a6cf1.PNG

4.thumb.PNG.e4644154cd5f5b4aefc639ad67a78dec.PNG

5.thumb.PNG.47e208a6ca2216b83f439b2da87d36f0.PNG

Edited by Alphazulu

When the object (here a MiG-21) disappear from Tacview, it means that the aircraft has effectively been destroyed and DCS World has removed it from the “world”.

Now, it is possible that some major parts of the aircraft were still present in DCS, and it was possible for you and the other pilot to shoot down theses flying leftovers.

It looks like that DCS World does not always report these severely damaged aircraft (in fire), therefore they are not visible in Tacview.

Nevertheless, this does not change the fact that you were, indeed, the one who has incapacitated the “threat”.

I was wondering if anyone else is getting this in Tacview or maybe if it is DCS itself. My Tacview replays are no longer matching what happens in the game.

Pretty much the only time I see this is with A2A missiles. Tacview will show the missile slam into the enemy plane and then say that you destroyed the enemy plane. However, in game the enemy was not even smoking much less destroyed. Then I fire my second missile at the enemy in game and then in Tacview it shows me firing at nothing. Then lets say another person on my side fires a missile at the same enemy in game and they then get the kill in game. This has only started happening since 1.5.8 and came over into 2.5. I have a ton of Tacview videos now like the one below. My missiles are fired at close range with little to no Gs being pulled, they slam right into the enemy and it says I destroyed them but in game they are not even damaged.

See screen shots to illustrate what I'm trying to ask.

Screenshots:

1) About to fire

2) Fired

3) Hit and killed

4) My 2nd missile

5) Another player firing and destroying the same enemy

Thanks

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Make sure the terrain is either set to Auto or DCS World.

Which map are you flying in? If this is the new Georgia, I did not have the time to export it yet. It will be updated in Tacview 1.7.2.

If I zoom in on ground units they disappear in to the ground. Is this a local problem at my computer or are everyone having this? Tacview version 1.7.1

attachment.php?attachmentid=182227&d=1523150031

[ATTACH]182227[/ATTACH]

When the object (here a MiG-21) disappear from Tacview, it means that the aircraft has effectively been destroyed and DCS World has removed it from the “world”.

Now, it is possible that some major parts of the aircraft were still present in DCS, and it was possible for you and the other pilot to shoot down theses flying leftovers.

It looks like that DCS World does not always report these severely damaged aircraft (in fire), therefore they are not visible in Tacview.

Nevertheless, this does not change the fact that you were, indeed, the one who has incapacitated the “threat”.

Well I know how Tacview works and what you say sounds perfectly correct. In all honesty I was asking the question first here about Tacview because DCS has been driving me crazy lately. Trust me, I have gone over so many videos since 1.5.8 and even talked to the enemy in the video that Tacview says is destroyed by me and even they confirm that their aircraft was undamaged in my missile attack and certainly not destroyed. As you can see from the screen shots there is no way that Mig-21 should have escaped that attack but he did in the game and it has been happening like crazy since 1.5.8.

The people that fly DCS have no appreciation for people that have been doing this for years and know what they are doing. I have endless amounts of Tacview videos showing me destroy aircraft with missiles that did not even get damaged in game. Any time you make a comment about it everyone one of the DCS fan boys starts yelling that it is because you suck and don't know what you are doing. Regardless of the fact that you have been doing this for years, know everything there is to know about these aircraft and weapons and the fact that you fired the missile from so close and with so little G load that it is impossible not to destroy the enemy. You see the missile hit the target and even Tacview show it hit and says they are destroyed.

The other guy in this video tried to defend DCS by telling me that I was out of range, then he proceeded to get the kill by firing a missile at the same target from behind me (you know further away then I was) with a higher G load while the enemy was maneuvering and that was after my F-5's 2 Aim-9s slammed into the enemy first....LOL what a joke.

Before 1.5.8 I use to go 10,11,12 even 13 and 0 in my F5. Now since then I have to use both missiles and my guns to down a single Mig-21. By the time you get off both missiles (that clearly hit in game and hit in Tacview) then fly into position to finish them with guns you are a sitting duck to any enemy in the area. Before 1.5.8 I use to take on flights of 3 Mig-21s and come out with 3 kills. Now I just run if I see a flight of even 2 Mig-21s.

As far as I'm concerned I'm over DCS now....

Trying to upgrade to Advanced version, but, no one responds to my email on the Tacview website

——————

i7 7820x 4.3ghz

Asus tuf x299 mk 2

32gig G.skill 3200mhz ram

500gig ssd OS

2x 1tb ssd raid 0

GeForce GTX 1080

HTC Vive

My apologies for the delay Stache. I had issues with emails during the past days. I may have missed your message...

Can you PM me with your full name and your current product key please?

Trying to upgrade to Advanced version, but, no one responds to my email on the Tacview website

I think that the 104th has disabled telemetry export to prevent cheating.

In that case, after your flight has ended, just playback the corresponding track file which is automatically generated by DCS. Tacview exporter will be able to record its data.

I think that the 104th has disabled telemetry export to prevent cheating.

In that case, after your flight has ended, just playback the corresponding track file which is automatically generated by DCS. Tacview exporter will be able to record its data.

Thanks for the reply, I'm really enjoying Tacview. It has improved my understanding of the Sim that words alone cannot explain.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

About a year ago, we had this conversation:

I was thinking about all the naval aircraft that are coming up and I thought, "it would be really handy if Tacview had some tools for evaluating carrier traps, and maybe landings in general." Even just an
and an indication of which wire was caught would be very useful. I haven't been following the thread, maybe it's already on the upcoming features.

@ScAvenger001

This is a clever idea! I am not sure yet how to handle an LSO camera. But I will add the support for the carriers ILS glide when I will rewrite the objects database in the coming months.

Now that it seems like the Hornet really is only two weeks away, I wanted to know if there's been any movement on this feature? Tacview's been such a great training tool, and it would sure help if it could be used here as well. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like I forgot to update the old documentation about 3D object.

With Tacview 1.7.x you must extend your local database to see the proper 3D model for this aircraft carrier. See http://www.tacview.net/documentation/database/

Or you can way for Tacview 1.7.2 to be released…

Has anyone figured out the name for the .obj for the Stennis? .acmi's call it "Stennis" but naming the mash that doesn't seem to work.

I think that I have seen this kind of problem once a long time ago. Can you share me the server dcs.log of the corresponding game?

In the coming months, I will do another pass on the DCS world exporter to improve its support of online flights.

I am using feature "export a separate file for each player" in TacView 1.7.1. It appears like it only exports TacView file for the latest connected player. Anyone else have this problem?

Regards :)

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before (I did a thread search and there wasn't anything coming up): is there any documentation to the remote control feature in TacView Advanced?

I've been playing around with it, and it has some great basic functionality, but I wanted to know what the intended procedures are:

- how do you take over a specific client's plane? (I've been able to take over a plane that my server's user was in, but there's no way to switch the client as far as I can see)

- how do you go about blocking tacview access for the feature on a server/setting the password?

- can you possibly change/add flags to trigger in the remote control window? (I've been having issues with the flags over 1000 being automatically seen by DCS as true sometimes, so having the ability to shift them down for testing might be helpful).

- can you rename flags

- can you direct the control to do more with the flag values (adding, subtracting, setting value)?

- What do all of the buttons do?

- What reason is there for the 4 remote controls?

While I'm sure it's not an entirely intended feature, the ability to manipulate flags from TacView makes mission debugging much easier, so I'd like to know if there are more abilities in there that I'm not seeing. I'm kind of surprised this feature doesn't have more information out there about it, since it seems like an independent remote control could be useful for stuff like basic multiplayer server management, mission testing, etc.

Edited by P5138

I'd looked over the feature list, but I'm probably missing it; is it currently possible to see control inputs of pilots with Tacview recordings, i.e. control column, throttle, rudder?

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

More about remote controls:

• to control a client aircraft, simply connect one of your remote control to the client computer which has the aircraft you want to control
  • You can right-click on a remote control command to assign a key or joystick input.
  • You can enter passwords in DCS->Settings->Special->Tacview page to open the real-time telemetry and remote controls only to specific people. Note that by default your router/firewall may already prevent any remote coming access from Internet. Do not forget to open the ports on the target computer router to be able to access it.
  • You can trigger predefined flags 1001 to 1008 using the remote control (simple click and double click give two different values). The remote control must be connected to the host for the flags to work.
  • So far, I did not find any way to rename the flags. I wanted to, but it looks like that DCS API was supporting only numerical flags.
  • I think single click set the flags to 1 and double click set the flag to 2. I may add more commands later, but I still have a lot of work on other features first.
  • The focus buttons are used to defined which remote controls are listening to your joystick/keyboard key definitions. This is useful to not conflict with other remote controls if you have assigned the same joystick controls to several remote controls for example.
  • There are 4 remote controls, so you can control four client computers at the same time. Or one host (for the mission flags) plus 3 clients. Remember: each remote must be connected to the corresponding client or host computer depending on what you want to control.