Post Your Setup

menendezdiego

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine... simple.. not quite finished. I'm putting together an opencockpit cards set up with the PC's on the left there

5409832053_c2046ce79b.jpg

Home built i5 quadcore. dual ATI 4850 in xfire mode. 16GB ram Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM MFD's, windows 7 64 ultimate.. 40" primary screen, 19" secondary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you guys - all complements are appreciated.

Hi Talisman,

Nice set up - how did you cover your monitor (instrument panel) as i would like to do the same thing... looks really good! What did you make your cover from (I was going to use, very thin sheet of wood - With perspex on the back to fit the actual screen size... then cover with aluminium sheet) Cut the holes in line with displays like you have..

Thanks

sorry been really unwell lately.

The screen in covered with that really thin 3 or 4mm fiberboard thats smooth on the front and textured on the back. the stuff you find on the back of flat pack wardrobes.

I covered the whole thing in blackboard paint. (roller not brish) and then cut the heads off of a load of screws and stuck them to the board.

The perspex is a good idea but might be a little over engineered. I simply used 1cm wide off cuts to line the panel with the inside of the bezel. then added a couple more where the MFDs sit so i dont get too giddy and accidently punch a hole in my disply. I didnt bother with the ally sheet, it wasnt an issue after the Black board paint set, it goes a great matt black and as it ages i swear it looks more and more like metal.

Edited by talisman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - Its a Stinger - Damn.......

My Pit - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42253

Talisman ? Are those side boards fully functional ? Did you build them yourself ?

Hope you get better.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

yep, every button and swith works.

I made them all using bu0836 boards for simplicity. I have around 150 buttons and switches. they are not exactly like the real panels for the KA-50 and i regrouped some of them in different places so that they would be easier to reach the MFDs arent exactly found on the real thing, i just figued "If i was to redesign the inside of the helicopter, what would i use and where would i put it?"

My write up (below signiture) goes into detail on how everything was made.

Im on the mend now. but i still cant fly.

Its funny when other people come to fly it and spend a couple of minutes searching for buttons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - Its a Stinger - Damn.......

My Pit - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42253

For me just needed the joystick and throttle in the right place. All I have done is fashioned a seat top with a pillow that I can remove so the family can also still use the PC without the controllers in the way.

I'm sure over time it will start to expand :D

DSCF1499.JPG.de2b90b61b93d47771d6b36cfca466bc.JPG

"The sky is not the limit.....it's my playground!!" @paraglidecass

^+1 On the man cave status. Its a chore just to install sim software not to mention re-installing/re-programming multiple controllers into said software. This is my pit issue at the moment coupled with finding time to do it then more time to actually fly! Although I prefer my multiple controllers and simpit setup complicated I do remember the days of just having a keyboard and joystick and how simple it was.

• 2 weeks later...

These threads are always fun. Some nice setups here, guys! I'm surprised that more of you don't run SoftTH or Eyefinity or Nvidia Surround. I'm loving SofTH with DCS: A-10C, even though it is solely responsible for my not being able to easily add other monitors for MFDs, Helios, etc.

5397777663_89ffc43e07_b.jpg

5398378722_fa6e1203d2_b.jpg

Edited by GregP

Hassata, That set up looks great. I am setting up 30" main with 3 23" touch for Helios...But your Main View is amazing, Cheers, Jim:thumbup:

P.S. Do I see 4 MFCD's????

Edited by celticcoho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Thanks Cel. Yup-that's 4 TM MFDs. The first set crapped out (I lost the bottom row of buttons on one of the units after an hour of use. So I got another set, and placed the originals as a right console, though with HELIOS, most of the possible assignments got taken care of. Looks good though lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello. This is my "setup"to BS, and occasionally FS. Sorry for my poor English.

The triple-monitor is a 5870, Eyefinity mode, full screen.

cockpit04.jpg

The central panel is 2 BU0836A for switches and encoders, and 1 U-HID for switches and LEDs.

The LEDs work synchronized with several buttons and switches but do not receive data from the simulator.

cockpit03.jpg

The rugged G13, married BS, and this is his new suit.

cockpit02.jpg

Greetings.

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.