MSFFB2 fps drop

gavagai

Ah, thank you viper! Great work!

I don't know about other aircraft, as the P-51 is my first DCS module, but it seems the same with ffb enabled for the Su-25.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Is this exclusive to the P-51?

No, happens with Flaming Cliffs 3 too with any mission and aircraft.:(

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

OK - Interim quasi-solution/workaround:

1 - Disable FFB in-SIM

2 - Run forcefeedback via attached program (simFFB)

3 - Start mission and confirm FFB enabled. If not, Alt-Tab and run simFFB .exe again

4 - Return to SIM and confirm FFB enabled

5 - Fly!

Above method ensures no FFB loss with unfortunate side-effect of losing 'shaking' stick effect when entering stalls. All else however functions as it should.

Note:

All credit for attached mod goes to average_pilot.

Workaround: simFFB.rar

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Well, no go here:( When I start my game or press alt+tab to activate again this program my stick goes sluggish, it only works if I minimize DCS World.

And you, gavagai?

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Well, no go here:(

Tried running the simFFB .exe again until it kicks in? Set all three settings to 100%?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've Tested right now with your new tips but still no go.

Well, it´s ok, I'll wait patiently for the next patch.:thumbup:

Thanks one more time, Viper

It worked for me when I restarted it after spawning in.

The other neat ffb effect you lose is the trim effect on the centering position. I'm so used to my msffb2 now that I think it will have to do until the bug is squashed.

Thanks again.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Glad this was reported and confirmed. I too am having severe FPS drops with P-51D and MSFF2. For me it mostly happens when I turn on the engine, coupled with maneuvering as mentioned by OP.

Will use TH Hog until this is fixed.

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

Update:

Info needed - to all who experience this drop in FPS with a MSFFB2 flightstick: Which OS do you use?

Win7, Win8 or other?

Please let me know - info needed for purposes of report.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - PTBR

Edited by GriffonBR

Update:

Info needed - to all who experience this drop in FPS with a MSFFB2 flightstick: Which OS do you use?

Win7, Win8 or other?

Please let me know - info needed for purposes of report.

Win7 Professional x64.

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

Win7 professional 64bit

• 2 weeks later...

Any hope to get this problem fixed for 1.2.4?

• Like 1

Any hope to get this problem fixed for 1.2.4?

It's not in the change log posted in the world forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people.

I discovered this problem only today when I my cousin sent to me his old Sidewinder FF2 and I was wondering if this problem will be fixed for the next patch? It´s only with the 1.2.3 that this problem happen? I just have this problem with DCS P-51.

All we know from this thread is that the bug has been confirmed by an ED tester and reported. Keep your fingers crossed and be patient, I guess.

Well, no fixes for us, Microsoft Sidewinder FF2 users. Remains the same problem with the new update.

I think that I will have to use my old Precision Pro 2 with I want to enjoy the new features.:music_whistling:

"Thanks, ED"

:joystick::helpsmilie:

Well, looking for some old topics of Flamming Cliffs 2, it seems that people were not affected with this problem, the game runs fine without a single FPS drop when using the Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick. And other version of DCS World also runs pretty fine.

The only thing that "fixed" the problem was lock the FPS to 30 but I have a good computer and it´s not fair to play at 30 FPS because I always played DCS Series at 50-60 FPS.

What we have to do is to not purchase any other DCS product until they give us a solution or a response.