DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

It can be usefull for axis as radiator or anything (I didn"t have specific in mind). I was just thinking it a lose to not have it

I actually wrote the routine when I was thinking of a way to conserve axes so I could use both the Cougar rudders + toe brakes with the Warthog and possibly use the Warthog Throttle and Cougar TQS at the same time. At this point, I'm not going back to change it, as it could break other configurations. However, I am very much open to uses for the axis so that I can modify the code on an individual basis.

Hello,

after this update I've got an error message calling the line 551 in TMC file.

so I went on it and comment all hardware I don"t have (I have the warthog).

These is my lines working:

//Configure(&JoystickF18,MODE_EXCLUDED); //temporary

//Configure(&T16000,MODE_EXCLUDED);

//Configure(&T16000L,MODE_EXCLUDED);

Configure(&TWCSThrottle,MODE_EXCLUDED);

//Configure(&TFRPRudder,MODE_EXCLUDED);

//Configure(&TFRPHARudder,MODE_EXCLUDED);

This is one way to do it if you don't want to update to the latest version of TARGET. :thumbup:

I actually wrote the routine when I was thinking of a way to conserve axes so I could use both the Cougar rudders + toe brakes with the Warthog and possibly use the Warthog Throttle and Cougar TQS at the same time. At this point, I'm not going back to change it, as it could break other configurations. However, I am very much open to uses for the axis so that I can modify the code on an individual basis.

Understood !

This is one way to do it if you don't want to update to the latest version of TARGET. :thumbup:

ok I miss this update.... and the remark when you check updates on CTS.... I'll remove my comment and install the last version of TARGET !! thanks for the info !

ok I miss this update.... and the remark when you check updates on CTS.... I'll remove my comment and install the last version of TARGET !! thanks for the info !

No need to remove the comment. I wasn't being sarcastic; it is a workaround for people who don't want to update TARGET.

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with Cougar MFDs.

Up to now, I've ran CTS with a TH Warthog sitck and HOTAS and Saitek rudder pedals with no issue.

Today I tried adding 2 MFDs. I changed the CTS MFD HW setting to "2" and rebuilt the script, but when I run the script, I get this error:

"Done.

DCS A-10C Warthog Init Complete!

DCS A-10C MFD Defaults (2,2):

A-10C Warthog Config Complete!

main returned 0

Error: One of the selected USB devices (2) has been unplugged. Aborting script!

Aborting script (check output above for reason)...

Script stopped!"

The behavior is I get the config complete! message, then about a second later the lights on the MFD's cycle and then the error comes up.

This happens with one or both MFD's, but stops when I unplug them. Then seem to install ok when I plug them in and TARGET recognizes them.

Any ideas? Thanks!

MFD Issue (Fixed)

Well, a fresh TH driver install and a couple reboots seem to have fixed it. :)

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with Cougar MFDs.

Up to now, I've ran CTS with a TH Warthog sitck and HOTAS and Saitek rudder pedals with no issue.

Today I tried adding 2 MFDs. I changed the CTS MFD HW setting to "2" and rebuilt the script, but when I run the script, I get this error:

"Done.

DCS A-10C Warthog Init Complete!

DCS A-10C MFD Defaults (2,2):

A-10C Warthog Config Complete!

main returned 0

Error: One of the selected USB devices (2) has been unplugged. Aborting script!

Aborting script (check output above for reason)...

Script stopped!"

The behavior is I get the config complete! message, then about a second later the lights on the MFD's cycle and then the error comes up.

This happens with one or both MFD's, but stops when I unplug them. Then seem to install ok when I plug them in and TARGET recognizes them.

Any ideas? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

MFD changed

Hi! Yesterday I add to my profile Spitfire plane and did rebuild script and my x3 MFD got messed up - my 3rd become second and my second become 3rd...any way to get back them corrected, because my MFD are static screwed in and mounted!?

Also I keep forgetting to bring up issue - I noticed quiet often pushing some buttons on MFD i got sound from windows like drivers got installed and then i got message ingame "Trackir device installed/added" . All that happening in game.

And this command will freeze all system for few seconds and also windows system driver install sounds will come up:

F18 Profile-Right MFD=(count from up left and clockwise) 13+13+17

System=Win10+DCS latest stable+WH+WHThrottle+Saitek Pro Pedals+3 MFD+Oculus CV1

Thanks, any advice would be helfull

Norm

Hi! Yesterday I add to my profile Spitfire plane and did rebuild script and my x3 MFD got messed up - my 3rd become second and my second become 3rd...any way to get back them corrected, because my MFD are static screwed in and mounted!?

Also I keep forgetting to bring up issue - I noticed quiet often pushing some buttons on MFD i got sound from windows like drivers got installed and then i got message ingame "Trackir device installed/added" . All that happening in game.

And this command will freeze all system for few seconds and also windows system driver install sounds will come up:

F18 Profile-Right MFD=(count from up left and clockwise) 13+13+17

System=Win10+DCS latest stable+WH+WHThrottle+Saitek Pro Pedals+3 MFD+Oculus CV1

Thanks, any advice would be helfull

Norm

Norm,

I don't use Windows 10 on my gaming rig, but if you use the Thrustmaster MFD drivers, then run joy.cpl from the Windows start menu, you should be able to individually select which MFD is 1, 2 and 3. I've heard that the latest TM MFD drivers don't display this in Win10, so let me know whether this works for you.

Hi Home Fries,

This is EXCELLENT thank you so much for your work on this. I had a few questions, possibly resulting in suggestions for the VR users. I think poking around in some of the files I noticed a few comments or somewhere hinting at wanting some.

I really like the default bindings for the most part, but given I play in VR there were a couple of quality of life changes / potential toggles that might be worth looking into.

I dug through enough of the scripts and inits to kinda have a rough idea of how the sausage is made. The one thing I was really trying to traceback, but couldn't was the UH-1 binding for force trim binding to the Warthog H4D button. I noticed a comment where you muse about moving it to T4(I think, or typical wheel brake trigger). With the comment saying it might have cascading implications with the other chopper, I figured it must be in one of those global files. Am I on the right track?

The other option that I think might be more of a universally good thing for VR only players is having the throttle slider map default to radar elevation instead of FOV. Would it be possible to tie that to the VR Hardware variable? After digging through the .tmc files I came to the conclusion it was just easier to remap the axis within DCS.

The other reclaimable, I think global-ish space for VR would be on the trim switch. If you think the following is a good idea overall, great - if not would you mind pointing me in the right direction to do this myself? I can trial/error my way through things pretty well as I made a few other changes that are admittedly just more for me I won't go into. Would it be possible to add similar function as the double tap VR zoom on the trim UP to left, right and down? For me I'd use the F2 view, F10 view and than dealers choice on re-arm/pause or escape menu? I'm sure some of that is on the MFDs in certain modules but for VR the padlock views don't work to my knowledge and the mouse is I'm sure helpful for some. Personally, I don't use it but I'd bet I'm in the minority there as I have my touch controllers and actual mouse close enough to where I play.

Hi Home Fries,

This is EXCELLENT thank you so much for your work on this. I had a few questions, possibly resulting in suggestions for the VR users. I think poking around in some of the files I noticed a few comments or somewhere hinting at wanting some.

I could have sworn I replied to this post a few days ago. Anyway, here I go again. Thanks for the compliment!

I dug through enough of the scripts and inits to kinda have a rough idea of how the sausage is made. The one thing I was really trying to traceback, but couldn't was the UH-1 binding for force trim binding to the Warthog H4D button. I noticed a comment where you muse about moving it to T4(I think, or typical wheel brake trigger). With the comment saying it might have cascading implications with the other chopper, I figured it must be in one of those global files. Am I on the right track?

You are correct that the TARGET Center Position Trimmer Mode (TCPTM) is a global routine that uses H4. I used H4 for two primary reasons:

1. This is the location of the trim button on the Ka-50 stick.
  2. You don't need to reposition your hand to reset trim (like you would with S2). In real life, the Huey stick is smaller than the Warthog stick, so you don't need to move your hand to reach the button.

The other option that I think might be more of a universally good thing for VR only players is having the throttle slider map default to radar elevation instead of FOV. Would it be possible to tie that to the VR Hardware variable? After digging through the .tmc files I came to the conclusion it was just easier to remap the axis within DCS.

This is a great idea, and I have implemented it for the next release. It's currently in beta testing. Other than Radar Elevation for fighters, do you have any specific requests for the Friction lever?

The other reclaimable, I think global-ish space for VR would be on the trim switch. If you think the following is a good idea overall, great - if not would you mind pointing me in the right direction to do this myself? I can trial/error my way through things pretty well as I made a few other changes that are admittedly just more for me I won't go into. Would it be possible to add similar function as the double tap VR zoom on the trim UP to left, right and down? For me I'd use the F2 view, F10 view and than dealers choice on re-arm/pause or escape menu? I'm sure some of that is on the MFDs in certain modules but for VR the padlock views don't work to my knowledge and the mouse is I'm sure helpful for some. Personally, I don't use it but I'd bet I'm in the minority there as I have my touch controllers and actual mouse close enough to where I play.

I agree that H1 is the place to put things. It would also be fairly simple to add views in lieu of the mouse functionality on H1. However, I will also investigate the feasibility of substituting the SnapViews with the views/functions useful for VR. This is a bit more complex because the SnapViews aren't consistent across all modules, and this could make for some nasty regressions. Therefore, no promises. Just let me know how you would like H1 mapped and I can easily create a global option.

Thank you for the response, I'll follow up with more detailed answers to your questions. In the meantime, one thing to be aware of for VR, specifically for the Oculus is to make *SURE* that no key combinations consist or contain "CTRL+Num1-4." These would need alternate mappings for VR (potentially answering our trim questions :) ).

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/1.16/concepts/asynchronous-spacewarp/

Simple reason, without bothering with that link is that those are the hotkeys to toggle variants of ASW or what the Vive more generically the async reprojection technique for the Rift. Yesterday, in particular, I kept noticing what I perceived to be poor performance and ghosting only to realize my ASW somehow got turned off. This was easily fixed by hitting CTRL+num4 but sometimes ASW off isn't noticeable until you are in exactly the types of situations you don't want to be hunting for keyboard keys w/ a HMD on.

Full disclosure here, I'm not blaming CTS as I had limited time and wanted to play more than pour through expertly crafted .tmc files to locate a culprit :) I'm guessing you have a good mental idea of your conventions and will know real quick if any combination looks like what I'm describing. I used to use NOiDs profiles almost exclusively and I'd have to always go through and manually remap offending combinations which is why I brought it up.

Edited by Stal2k
Fixed one sentence that made me seem illiterate :)

Thank you for the response, I'll follow up with more detailed answers to your questions. In the meantime, one thing to be aware of for VR, specifically for the Oculus is to make *SURE* that no key combinations consist or contain "CTRL+Num1-4." These would need alternate mappings for VR (potentially answering our trim questions :) ).

Interesting twist, and could really gum up the works with MFD keymappings and stuff of that sort. Especially true since according to the link it doesn't appear to differentiate between left and right control.

Here's a question for you: is it any combination of CTRL+Num1-4, i.e. does it activate if you press CTRL+SHIFT+Num1-4?

An alternate question: is there a way to disable or change these hotkeys?

Regarding control issues introduced in DCS OpenBeta 2.5.3.22652

The release of DCS 2.5.3.22652 to the OpenBeta branch introduced some controller bugs to many users, especially those with popular controllers like the HOTAS Warthog. Here's the deal: ED kept the same default.lua controller file and added diff.lua files (like the ones we use in this profile) to allow deviations for popular alternatives. When someone has a custom diff.lua file in Saved Games, it likely conflicts with the new diff.lua in the DCS install.

This should not be a factor with this profile, as the Thrustmaster Combined controller used with TARGET pulls directly from the default.lua. However, I would like to make sure that the existing diff.luas work as intended with the new control scheme. As such, please provide feedback (positive or negative) regarding the profile assignments. If it works, please let me know it works, and if it doesn't, please let me know what module and what functionality.

You can either reply on this thread, or preferably if you have a free Trello account you can post your reply on the appropriate card in the left column on the CTS bugtracker.

Thanks in advance!

Cant start AJ37 profile

Hi! All other profiles works no problem... this one cant start

Warthog Stick Button Mapping:

Shift Commands: S3 momentary......Done!

Cougar Stick Buttons......Done!

Init Mouse Buttons for VR Users.

Hat1 (Mouse/Trim)...Done!

Throttle Buttons...

Runtime error in Execute: Symbol not found: L_CTL_L_ALT, in "DCS_AJS37_Init();"

Runtime error in Execute: Symbol not found: L_CTL_L_ALT, in "DCS_AJS37_Init();"

Nice catch. I'll have it fixed for the next release.

In the meantime, you can go to DCS World.tmm in the script editor (just load DCS_World.tmc in the script editor and click "compile"), then go to line 1922 (should be the second line under the AJS-37 section).

Change it to read

define	AJS37_Throttle_Off					L_SHIFT+L_CTL+L_ALT+USB_I

Nice catch. I'll have it fixed for the next release.

In the meantime, you can go to DCS World.tmm in the script editor (just load DCS_World.tmc in the script editor and click "compile"), then go to line 1922 (should be the second line under the AJS-37 section).

Change it to read

define    AJS37_Throttle_Off                    L_SHIFT+L_CTL+L_ALT+USB_I

Great thanks

Version 2.25 is out.

Change Log:

• Added option for left throttle as analog throttle for UH-1 and SA342 (Warthog Only)
  • Changed Warthog THR_FC functionality from FOV for VR users (optionally enabled for non-VR as well)
  • Remapped all utilized combinations of CTRL+Num1-4 to deconflict with VR hotkeys
  • AJS37: Remapped trigger to take advantage of new two-stage trigger command
    Reassigned discrete CK37 modes to the CW/CCW keystrokes
    Fixed Throttle Stop key assignment in macro file
  • MiG-29: Updated autopilot to PFM

After updating to the latest version 2.5.3.22877, where to find the default device profiles for HOTAS Warthog? How to reload it ?

When using TARGET, the Thrustmaster Combined device always uses the default lua file and not the Warthog diff.lua files. There should be no difference in how you load the proper diff.luas for DCS 2.5.3.22877.

Hello,

I've a basic question.

I'm using the F-15 with the F-15 profile.

I would like to increase the brightness of HUD.

the picture tell us that it's on the bottom left of right HUD.

Is it the OSB or the BRT button of the MFD?

HUD color button works, the left engine start works.

so where I need to click to increase the brightness?

thx

Capture.thumb.PNG.ffb1dd4e768bb4e11473f475afa89906.PNG

Hello,

so where I need to click to increase the brightness?

Use the RBRT rocker for HUD brightness. Sorry for the delay; long week.

In other news, Version 2.25a is out. 2.25a adds some Huey features, specifically:

• Added functionality to Warthog throttle base
  • For left analog throttle users, setting throttle to idle will hold PGUP to take the throttle out of stop

Hello Homefries..as always thanks for your efforts, anyway i have an issue with the last update..

Runtime Error: Symbol not found: WH_Friction_FOV in Aux_Axis_Init_WH ( line 545 in DCS/DCS_Init.tmc )

in line 545 i have this:

if ((TrackIR > 1) | (!WH_Friction_FOV)) //sets non-FOV axis for VR

Thanks for your assistance

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

sorry my bad...i forgot to rebuild the script in cts after updating.....

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png