After the Tomcat?

carss

in one sense i kinda don't care how long it takes - look, they give us "early access"

in the old days we had no choice - we had to just wait - when it was done, it was done - deal with it

these modules are hard - they take time ---- cold hard truth of life #74

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After the Tomcat, and I know that this has probability been requested a lots time before, I would love a extension for Viggen with JA 37 version (early without cockpit and aim-120 amraam updates shouldn't be too different from AJ 37 and take lot of time and resources).

Even as a payable add on

I dont mean this in a bad way at all, im just curious because I have seen others asking for a JA37. Why would you want a JA37 before a J35 Draken? Sure I would like all the SAAB aircraft and the Viggen is the most awsome one but for me the obvius choice would be the J35. It could be fully simulated because as far as I know its not classified, it served with more airforces, we are already blessed with a version of the Viggen and it would also have a highly interesting (read unforgiving) flightmodel.

It could also have a cool new feature for DCS if they would like to model it, the most early version of a datalink, the so called "command tape". Like I said, Im just curious since I would not take a FC3-level JA37 instead of a full fidelity J35 if I was given the choice.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

I believe that Heatblur should take as much time deems necessary I just hope that from what they have learned from the development of the Tomcat and the creation of new technologies that can be applied to different aircraft they can shorten that time.

The truth is that as a community we are constantly wishing for new aircraft. That is the whole point of this thread. Each of us suggests or speculates which plane should be or may be next although we haven't even gotten the Tomcat yet.

I think it's important to realise the difficulty of creating a new module but also have hopes and visions for this community.

I am sure that Heatblur would have preferred to have been able to release the Tomcat in 2017. I am not saying that what Heatblur has decided is right or wrong I am just wishing then the best.

I dont mean this in a bad way at all, im just curious because I have seen others asking for a JA37. Why would you want a JA37 before a J35 Draken? Sure I would like all the SAAB aircraft and the Viggen is the most awsome one but for me the obvius choice would be the J35. It could be fully simulated because as far as I know its not classified, it served with more airforces, we are already blessed with a version of the Viggen and it would also have a highly interesting (read unforgiving) flightmodel.

It could also have a cool new feature for DCS if they would like to model it, the most early version of a datalink, the so called "command tape". Like I said, Im just curious since I would not take a FC3-level JA37 instead of a full fidelity J35 if I was given the choice.

I would love Draken too, I am suggesting JA-37 since the 3D assets for the exterior and interior could be reused... also lot of systems can be reused.... so it wouldn't be a big effort to get us JA-37... and I would love fighting in it...

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

BVR and 30 mm Oerlikon, even AIM-120 if we would get a JA-37D. ;)

If given the choise between a full fidelity J-35 and a FC3 JA-37 I would pick the 35.

For those that think the 3D model of the JA-37 would be identical to the AJ-37, it's not, the JA is longer and have a (slightly) different tail, plus probably a lot of other minor differences.

JA37 has some classified systems on it that were used on the gripen as well so looks unlikely we’ll be getting it anytime soon.

Yes, that why I was hoping at least for the 1979 version without the updates.... Have a SkyFlash and A-A radar would bring enough new capability to the Viggen...

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• 2 weeks later...

The J35 Draken would be very nice and challenging. Not a very easy plane to handle.

Would like to see the A-6 Intruder too. The Panavian Tornado would also be nice.

The JA37 Viggen would be very interesting. It's my favorite among warplanes. Maybe a earlier version. The Di-mod I think is not public in technical terms. And the JA37, as others mentioned, has a different fuselage, updated engine, uppdated avionics and so on... So that would need a new build to get it right i guess. But the experience building the AJS37 would be a help.

In the end, we got a Viggen. So to be realistic, it's not going to be a JA37 Viggen for next project. Can't really choose, I'm interested in most jet warplanes. :)

Regards

FanOfALF

I’m wishing for an A-6! Hell, how cool will it be to have CV decks filled with Tomcats, Hornets and Intruders online?!

With these 3, you could do pretty much any mission set you wanted. I'd definitely like a scenario where BLUFOR has to deep strike an enemy airbase, with IAD all over the place and continuous waves of fighters and strikers trying to take out the carrier coming from that base. BLUFOR needs to maintain CAP to protect the carrier and strikers need to keep pushing further and further inland until it can take out the mission critical targets.

Being able to get back aboard the carrier quickly to rearm would be important to not get overwhelmed.

Tornado!

Carry over that swept wing coding from Tomcat to something useful(only kidding).

Teach Jester to speak German or English with a German accent. Jester >> Fritz. "Ya, Ya. Thank you commander, may I have another."

You already have a working ground radar from the Viggen. I mean really how hard can it be?:lol:

Been enjoying the Viggen and looking forward to the Tomcat.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Tornado!

Carry over that swept wing coding from Tomcat to something useful(only kidding).

Teach Jester to speak German or English with a German accent. Jester >> Fritz. "Ya, Ya. Thank you commander, may I have another."

You already have a working ground radar from the Viggen. I mean really how hard can it be?:lol:

Been enjoying the Viggen and looking forward to the Tomcat.

Don't forget thrust reverse! :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

after the tomcat

Hi to all...i think the F4 Phantom will be a good selling product its cute famous and many people want it....i particulary like the Milviz product and would like to see it here on DCS.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Hi to all...i think the F4 Phantom will be a good selling product its cute famous and many people want it....i particulary like the Milviz product and would like to see it here on DCS.:pilotfly:

You do know that the F-4E is already being made by BST, it'll be made after the F-16. However if HB ever wanted to do a Phantom then it would have to be a Navy version, or it won't happen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

You do know that the F-4E is already being made by BST, it'll be made after the F-16. However if HB ever wanted to do a Phantom then it would have to be a Navy version, or it won't happen.

I'd be more excited for a naval Phantom than I am for the Tomcat, to be honest.

I'd be more excited for a naval Phantom than I am for the Tomcat, to be honest.

One of the only choices that deserves mere questioning looks rather than stoning. The lead sled is quite a great aircraft, and I am very much disappointed with no naval version on the horizon, but nothing takes precedence over the cat. Not now, not ever.

One of the only choices that deserves mere questioning looks rather than stoning. The lead sled is quite a great aircraft, and I am very much disappointed with no naval version on the horizon, but nothing takes precedence over the cat. Not now, not ever.

Well hey, if you can't get the Naval Phantom, Why not the Crusader? :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

As cool as it'd be to have things like a Crusader or an A1 or F-100D, aircraft of that complexity I feel should probably be left for new developers to have something to make to learn how to do things while still being popular in the community.

I wouldn't be against a developer like HB going that way, but just from a cosmic justice point of view that seems to be more appropriate.

If the F4 Phantom do come out without a camouflge and only a Navy Version do not count on me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.