Basic Flight Training Mission 2 "EFATO"

TechTH

I hope this is the correct place for this post. This issue Im having is that after hitting waypoint 2 and turning towards waypoint 3 hdg 060 at 6k-ft the mission doesn't step to the next task or otherwise prompt me for the EFATO part of the mission, the mission does fail if I attempt to fly below the hard deck limit.

I've tried removing and installing the dlc, then the core game and dlc, also i've circled the waypoint for about 15 minutes and nothing has happened. I've tried just deleting the mission from the source folder and then verifying game file integrity through Steam as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Sorry you are having trouble. That's a known issue in the current 1.5.8 release. The mission is playable but you need to fly 500' lower than the altitude given by the FE. For example if they say fly 6000' try flying at 5500'.

ED made changes to the altitude calculations for the 2.5 Caucasus map and those changes were deployed to the 1.5.8 release.

We are updating all the missions to use the new altitude values and should have it available for the next patch update.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I've got trouble with mission 5 which may have the same reason.

Shortly before the low speed turn I got a TERMINATE because of wrong altitude. But I'm at 8.000 ft.

I checked this video and compared it with my altitude:

I'll try the mission again with 7500 ft and give a feedback.

Regards

Kal

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I'm unable to find a workaround. :(

@Sabre-TLA: Can you provide the needed altitude, please? I'm stuck at mission 5. Your campaign is great, so I hope you can fix this altitude problems soon.

Regards

Kal

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

Still no luck with altimeter on 2992.

Can you please check if there is an bug at the moment?

I'm at 8000 ft with setting 2992 and got a TERMINATE.

In the climbing right turn I got outstanding. Then the instructor tell about "The next manoveur will be a slow turn" and then I got TERMINATE because of altitude. But I haven't changed the altitude!?

I don't know what to change.

A year ago with 1.5 I made it through the whole campaing and didn't had this problem.

Regards

Kal

Try a DCS Repair. Another user reported a problem with the altitude trigger in a different mission and the DCS Repair corrected the issue for them.

Our altitude test mission that we use to test the triggers after each update was successful so if the DCS Repair doesn't work try an uninstall and reinstall of the campaign files.

If it's still a problem let us know and we will investigate further but to our knowledge the mission should play as expected.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Hi Sabre,

I was able to pass this PO. That's what I've done:

- Make a repair of my DCS stable version

- Set altimeter to 2992 when I reached angels 7

- In the climbing turn to angels 8 and course 210 I stayed at 7700 ft

I don't know if the repair alone was the solution, but for me it doesn't matter.

Thank you for the fast response and help.

I've got already the advanced campaign and will buy the TTQ as well. :)

Best regards

Kal