Cant install DCS World Get this weird error post

Toto

Hello Having problems installing DCS World!! After the download everything looks like its going to install and then halfway into the install I get this post:cry:

C:\ Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazaar\Terrain\Scenes\High.scn3

An error occured while trying to copy a file:

The sourse file is corrupted.

Click Abort, Retry or Ignore to skip this file!! not recomended, or Abort to cancal instalation.

I dont know what else to do. I have tried a torrent download and get the same results, only the problem accures at a different area in the install. Please help.:helpsmilie: Been trying all day to get my game up. Have other games installed and playing well. Dont think its my system. BUT WHO KNOWS!!

Ok!!! figured out what my problem was! It was my malware scanner. It was not allowing some files to download. I turned it off and redownloaded and everthing went fine.DCS World and all the modules payed for, are installed and working well. C u in the sky's............... Toto

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1688841#post1688841

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1690304&postcount=27

<shrug> I seem to be talking to myself... or people seem to jump on me for what i say...

I've been around through DOS, DosShell, Windows 2.0, Windows 3, 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

From IBM AT, to 286, 386, 486, Pentium, K6II, Athlon, Sempron, AthlonX2, Phenom, Phenom II, and FX,

And from TGA -> Current GPUs. (TGA, EGA, VGA, ISA, PCI, Voodoo, Voodoo2, Voodoo 3,4,5 Radeon7K,8K,9K, Geforce 4, 5,6 8800 GT(x), to Radeon HD/500/600

I think i know what I'm talking about.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1688841#post1688841

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1690304&postcount=27

<shrug> I seem to be talking to myself... or people seem to jump on me for what i say...

I've been around through DOS, DosShell, Windows 2.0, Windows 3, 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

From IBM AT, to 286, 386, 486, Pentium, K6II, Athlon, Sempron, AthlonX2, Phenom, Phenom II, and FX,

And from TGA -> Current GPUs. (TGA, EGA, VGA, ISA, PCI, Voodoo, Voodoo2, Voodoo 3,4,5 Radeon7K,8K,9K, Geforce 4, 5,6 8800 GT(x), to Radeon HD/500/600

I think i know what I'm talking about.

I read your post and got a question. If I'm going to disable for the download and the install process, What exactly I need to turn off? I have microsoft essential, Advance systeme protector, and some other programs that only do fixing and scanning when I tell them to.

Firewall of windows. So Do I need to turn everything off cause the only ones I can is Firewall from windows and essentials from Microsoft? (I'm not a tech comp guy but when it turn reds that means is off?) Advance Systeme protector I think its just turning the programe off I think is not in the background.

Any :helpsmilie: will be appreciated!!!

what you turn off, I have the same problem? expesific

Malware scanner = antivirus software = recommended to turn off for installing games. We don't know what's on your machine installed either Crazyowl, you're the one sitting in front of it that needs to tell us to direct u. When the windows firewall shows red it's turned off yes, when it's green it's on. When your PC has a solid installation it most likely doesn't need 3rd party software to fix things, unless it is the virus/malwarescanner picking up malware and virussus, but i can't realy say. I'm not the one sitting behind your PC. You're the one that has his eyes on the software with brandnames that could give us clues on what's going on.

Microsoft essentials is indeed antivirus,turn this off for the moment. The firewall can be turned on, when DCS hasn't got an entry, the firewall will prompt you with a pop-up when you run DCS. In the other case, it will do nothing and leave you alone.

When AV is off, press DCS update. When DCS is installed and it still won't run, press DCS repair.

Keep breathing Skate...in....out....in....out :D

Edited by BRooDJeRo

Malware scanner = antivirus software = recommended to turn off for installing games. We don't know what's on your machine installed either Crazyowl, you're the one sitting in front of it that needs to tell us to direct u. When the windows firewall shows red it's turned off yes, when it's green it's on. When your PC has a solid installation it most likely doesn't need 3rd party software to fix things, unless it is the virus/malwarescanner picking up malware and virussus, but i can't realy say. I'm not the one sitting behind your PC. You're the one that has his eyes on the software with brandnames that could give us clues on what's going on.

Microsoft essentials is indeed antivirus,turn this off for the moment. The firewall can be turned on, when DCS hasn't got an entry, the firewall will prompt you with a pop-up when you run DCS. In the other case, it will do nothing and leave you alone.

When AV is off, press DCS update. When DCS is installed and it still won't run, press DCS repair.

Keep breathing Skate...in....out....in....out :D

This is and error I resive downloading BS1 from torrent

http://nsis.sf.net/nsis_error

Using a direct cable not wifi

any clues?????

-Disable any RealTimeProtection (Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG, Avast, Avira) or advanced Firewalls (ie nVidia Firewall).

-Re-download and save as different name so it saves a completely separate file and not use anything in the cache. or just clear the cache (browser cache).

if you still have problems,

Start, Search Box, Type CMD, Right click, run as Admin,

At prompt, type "chkdsk /r c:" hit enter, if prompted to run on next boot, choose Yes/Y.

(it should prompt you to scan on next reboot, as it cant scan the drive if the partition is active and mounted.)

if it doesnt automatically reboot pc,

Type exit in prompt, it will now close CMD Prompt window,

Start Button, reboot Button.

it will reboot windows, and then start scanning the driver before windows completely boots.

this will take a while depending on Drive size and physical health of the drive.

most of the time it will find alot of file issues with Internet Explorer and browser Cache. as well as page file cache.

I've yet to run it on an Moderately used PC and have it go through all 5 stages clean

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs