F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at 17:23 EST:smilewink:

Which is shortly after the exact time and date that I was born. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Boy, the Tomcat releasing on the 21st would, hypothetically, be one hell of a birthday present. Happy early birthday, btw!!

Thanks, but, at my age (60 this year), waking up is a great birthday present. :D

My dogs will wake me up and remind me that no matter my age, they come first.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Your local weather notwithstanding, the first day of winter is the 21st of December (in the Northern hemisphere).

Actually...

"In Finland and Sweden, the dates of the seasons are not based on the calendar at all, but on temperatures. Here, spring officially begins when the average temperature rises above 0 °C (32 °F). This means that the seasons within each county start and end on different dates, depending on the regions and their climate."

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/aboutseasons.html

It's the same with fall. Spring and fall here in Sweden last between average (over a couple of days) 0 °C (32 °F)° and average 10 °C (50 °F). Average above is summer, below winter.

So technically we are both right (I actually didn't know about that other starange and illogical definition before, obviously you all have to adopt to us and the Finns!). But again, the average Heatblur team member is a Swede, no matter the position of the earth around the sun, or temperature ;-)

It feels really strange to think we are still having fall, looking out the window...

...and happy birthday in advance, by the way :-)

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I say coming end januar 2019. You see the rio cockpit ? I say its not finish ..

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

I say coming end januar 2019. You see the rio cockpit ? I say its not finish ..

Heatblur explained the status of the RIO cockpit in their dev update:

RIO Cockpit: We’re still working finishing integration of the new RIO cockpit into the main branch of the F-14. Art production on this level is unfortunately a time-intensive and arduous task. Of course, we’ve developed all of the functions of the RIO cockpit by using our old Chromecat placeholders, so this is almost entirely a visual and art production item.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Curious, how is the 21st still even remotely a realistic release date to people? I don't understand how people still think they're going to release it on the 21st despite all the light HB have shed on how far away they are.

21st was the date of the F-14's first test flight. That's why people think it correlated to a December release, which was the community's fault for getting hyped up on, not the developers.

Just saw the Video, first I was blown away by the sound...until I read the describtion....now I wonder what the sounds will be like on the release/polished Version.

I think that its dangerous to enhance sounds, especially on those highly anticipated Modules. The actual result might piss off people who expect the original to be exact the same like the enhanced.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Just saw the Video, first I was blown away by the sound...until I read the describtion....now I wonder what the sounds will be like on the release/polished Version.

I think that its dangerous to enhance sounds, especially on those highly anticipated Modules. The actual result might piss off people who expect the original to be exact the same like the enhanced.

You mean the people too dumb or lazy to read the disclaimer?

Don’t see why devs should be concerned about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

21st was the date of the F-14's first test flight. That's why people think it correlated to a December release, which was the community's fault for getting hyped up on, not the developers.

I know why people are hyped over the 21st, that wasn't what I was asking. Nor did I blame HB for the hype around it. I was curious to why people still think, post december update, that they're still going to release it on the 21st. Despite all the evidence pointing towards a 2019 release.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Cool down the hypetrain go in to snow or drink cold lemon haha

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

You mean the people too dumb or lazy to read the disclaimer?

Don’t see why devs should be concerned about them.

It‘s funny because on the original video with one external view the disclaimer has been added after tens of thousands of people have already seen the video, many of whom have been praising the audio.

I'd like to submit this as evidence that whiners are by no means the only ones responsible for forum toxicity.

Submission denied

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Submission denied

Denied, based on council's conflict of interest.

New motion proposed: whatever your view, don't be an arse :D

May I second the motion? :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It‘s funny because on the original video with one external view the disclaimer has been added after tens of thousands of people have already seen the video, many of whom have been praising the audio.

Is there a tool that lets you see the number of views a video gets within a specific timeframe? I worked out a way to narrow down the length of time before the comment from Cobra847 about the enhanced audio, but if there’s no way to tell how many watched it when it doesn’t answer the question.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

A wise man once said it best, "Evidence Shmidence"

Never forget that! ;)

Hmm, the wise man once truly said; a fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. Seems like the 21st won't be the day after all. This is all in good fun, I wanted it just as much as the next man/women, but I'm also a foolish realist and know 2019 will be the year of the Tomcat. :thumbup:

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."