ENGLISH cockpit mod?

protea1

any have a mod or create an english cockpit mod for the aircraft? <same as was done for eg.the su 25t.>

thanks in advance:thumbup:

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unless things have changed switching to English in settings also removes the metric gauges so you end up with feet and knots.

•Avionics Language = English

enables English cockpit labels.

Whether you have Metric or Imperial gauges is determined by the Global Units setting.

attachment.php?attachmentid=148995&stc=1&d=1475018098

I use the following and it works perfectly, English labels and metric dials :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204145

GeorgeLKMT's mod forces metric instruments in the L-39 even with the global units set to imperial, so saves switching the default Global Units when switching between 'western' aircraft i.e. A-10, F/A-18, etc. and the L-39 with metric instruments.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Whether you have Metric or Imperial gauges is determined by the Global Units setting.

And I absolutely think this should be in L-39 Special settings. Having a western cockpit is mostly all about being able to read the labels at all as a westerner. Different unit systems you can cope with. Not saying that I, being german, do prefer metric units and non-cyrilic labels out of habit... ;-)

• 1 month later...

In \Mods\aircraft\L-39C\Cockit\mainpanel_init.lua (line 540)

Variable m_system is defined equal to LockOn_Options.measurement_system or "metric". This is why measurement system is tied to overall option selection.

If you add a new line below: m_system = "metric" then it will cause that variable to be "metric" and you will get metric gauges independent of general unit option. Alternatively the value is "imperial" you get the Western instruments.