MP engine idle

draconus

RPM depends on many factors, including ambient temp, altitude, etc.

That is why idle RPM on a PW-220 is 60% to 73%, additionally the gauge can have a fluctuation on plus of minus 1.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Could you post a track?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

There is not set Idle RPM in the air. The only thing to watch out for in the air in relation to the engine RPM is that RPM does not go above 96%. If it does is an engine over speed.

For some reason I though you meant on the ground during start. Apologies, my mistake.

To whom it may concern,

Well, at first it was about ground start. I made the tests and had similar results as airborne. The engine was set to idle all the time in the tracks and they were made in such way to quickly show different rpm at different altitudes and set temperature. I can post ground start tracks if you wish too.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

No need if the RPM in the ground is between 60% and 73%, that is normal. If you have 57% RPM on the ground while just sitting there, that is a bug.

To whom it may concern,

Here comes the bug report. If you set temperature for anything lower than -2°C you get engine idle lower than 60% RPM.

Attached is the track at -12,4°C - engines idle at 55-56% RPM on the ground.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria