Low Level in the Hornet (With Mover)

David OC

Another very cool video by Mover.

Has he mentioned how he got that call sign?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Good Vid. The Brit Royal Air Force does all its Low-Level at 250ft and in certain training areas down to 100ft. 100ft concentrates the mind somewhat especially in UK where the weather is often a factor ! Cows look really big from down there too ;)

Edited by Druid_

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Very true, Druid When I did my RAF low-level training the rule of thumb was that at 250 ft you could see individual legs on the sheep. Solo students were allowed down to only 500 ft, where it was claimed that you could make out cow’s legs. When flying dual, a remark from the QFI, that he could see the rabbit’s legs was an indication that you were too low. As if I had time to look at animal feet at low level!!!

Very true, Druid When I did my RAF low-level training the rule of thumb was that at 250 ft you could see individual legs on the sheep. Solo students were allowed down to only 500 ft, where it was claimed that you could make out cow’s legs. When flying dual, a remark from the QFI, that he could see the rabbit’s legs was an indication that you were too low. As if I had time to look at animal feet at low level!!!

No free beer at the O if you saw rabbit legs biggrin.gif On the Cold Lake low level course, if you came back with grass stains on you bird...you got free beer that night at the OC.biggrin.gif

If i recall correctly, when I was 15, i thought i was immortal too. 30 years later and I finally start to be careful crossing the road :)

Not according to a few select YouTube commenters. In their eyes, it makes me a F$!@'ing pu**y :lol:

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Not according to a few select YouTube commenters. In their eyes, it makes me a F$!@'ing pu**y :lol:

People like that are as miserable as they come, and I hope you continue to ignore those a$$@#&%*. The number of people who appreciate your service, and the time you take to give us a look into what it's like to be a real Hornet pilot, far out number those few bad apples. Thanks for making these videos!! :)

Edited by Fropa

People like that are as miserable as they come, and I hope you continue to ignore those a$$@#&%*. Thanks for making these videos!! :)

YouTube has a great feature to ban them without them even realizing it. No worries at all. :thumbup:

Another very cool video by Mover.

Has he mentioned how he got that call sign?

Thanks for sharing, another nice video from Mover. Reminds me an episode of Jetstream, the serie folowing the RCAF Hornet pilot rookies in their training, the episode they went for the first time Ridge Crossing and low level flight.... was the only time the Instructors asked their student how they were doing that morning and felt smooth on them before hooping in the back. :)

But I'd bet that those are exactly the ones who almost shave bicycle drivers* and pedestrians with their cars in city traffic on a daily basis rdlaugh.png

*In Germany we have a law that specifies a 1.5m minimum spacing to bicycle drivers. I have yet to see anyone to follow that. They're all much closer, simply because it's absolutely impossible to keep that minimum at all if you want to get past them, could be so easy for the police to write tons of tickets... rdlaugh.png

In other words. you have to be "immortal" out on the street unless you're in a car... dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Not everyone has the razor sharp powers and focus we derive from boudin, cracklins and meat pies we get at the gas station.

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

Hey Mover love your Vid's mate...

Keep it up..

if you could answer a question for me...

When landing on a carrier whats the process ladder (seq..) you go through...

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

I did (in my very first VLOG). Buried in the beginning:

Thanks for watching!

Now that's funny....

So, you got your call sign mover, by lighting up a group of cows with the 20mm on the F-16....:D:megalol::helpsmilie:

You would never live that down, no wonder it stuck big time. I also bet the farmer of those cows was impressed too...:mad: WTF......

That's a great.... real honest.... share right there mover, very much appreciated for the link to the video.

EDIT

We are getting cows and the F-16 a some point. Wags must have add these cows in the sim, just so you can get some more practice or just to relive the moment...:D

"Make the world a bit more alive" Not with Mover around...lol

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link