AH-64 Apache module.

oscar19681

I was wondering the other day. How come we havent seen any plans for a Apache module Some day? I know in the past there where Some projects to create a module for the Apache but they all got cancelled. There even was a project outside of DCS called combathelo that was doing a Great job that was asked to create a ah-64 module for DCS that declined (and later the project for abandoned on its own unfortunatly) So how come we havent seen anything for DCS for the Apache?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its my understanding from some other Apache threads that too many of the systems utilized by the AH-64 are still too sensitive in order for ED to create the module to the fidelity standards required by DCS. If a raw Attack Helo is what you're after, you should be happy to hear the AH-1S Cobra is in Development by Belsimtek.

https://www.facebook.com/belsimtek/posts/890837887787377

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562495&postcount=5

And if skirmishing, COIN, and Recon is in your blood Polychop is working on a Kiowa Warrior.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197704

Its my understanding from some other Apache threads that too many of the systems utilized by the AH-64 are still too sensitive in order for ED to create the module to the fidelity standards required by DCS. If a raw Attack Helo is what you're after, you should be happy to hear the AH-1S Cobra is in Development by Belsimtek.

https://www.facebook.com/belsimtek/posts/890837887787377

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562495&postcount=5

And if skirmishing, COIN, and Recon is in your blood Polychop is working on a Kiowa Warrior.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197704

None of these links state that and is in fact nothing more than a false assumption on your behalf not to mention very generalized.

F/A18C is still in "use" and they created it from open sourced information. no one from DOD said they could make one because of " muh classified systems" and is arguably more advanced in terms of avionics than Ah64D.

The AH64A Apache on the other hand is not even in use at all since 2012, different systems from the Ah64D never mind the A64E. Ah64D on its own is no longer really that state of the art. already been surpassed by the AH64E

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

None of these links state that and is in fact nothing more than a false assumption on your behalf not to mention very generalized.

F/A18C is still in "use" and they created it from open sourced information. no one from DOD said they could make one because of " muh classified systems" and is arguably more advanced in terms of avionics than Ah64D.

The AH64A Apache on the other hand is not even in use at all since 2012, different systems from the Ah64D never mind the A64E. Ah64D on its own is no longer really that state of the art. already been surpassed by the AH64E

Well, your snark aside, all the links I provided were in reference to the other helicopters currently announced as being in development I mentioned in the latter portion of my post.

As to assumptions and generalizations thats all we have currently in the absence of official news from ED, but here ya go.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215660

Well, your snark aside, all the links I provided were in reference to the other helicopters currently announced as being in development I mentioned in the latter portion of my post.

As to assumptions and generalizations thats all we have currently in the absence of official news from ED, but here ya go.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215660

Your two links here appear to be random forumites armchair theorising. There is nothing conclusive there. F-18 and A-10 also have classified systems in them, yet we have them both. The determining criteria is the level of cooperation from contractors and government entities.

Russian government very uncooperative. Most even remotely new stuff is expressly forbidden. There is no work around as the IP holders (Mikoyan etc) are beholden to or even part if the government.

Western entities are generally much more cooperative, often PROVIDING classified data, with the understanding said data goes no further and will not be directly copied, but rather 'emulated'. They occasionally place restrictions or conditions on certain aspects.

There is nothing about an Apache that is remarkably exceptional compared to the F-15E, F-18C, AH-1S, or A-10C, so the whole thing is dependent on gov cooperation and ED's manpower and will to develop. It has been stated before they wanted to do one, but realisitically there is only so much they can do at one time. That they have not announced production of one is not surprising considering how many things they ALREADY have going.

Everyone's private wishlist cannot be simultaneously produced. It has more to do with the laws of spacetime then it does 'this or that being super sekret'

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

In one video where Wags showcased the Persian Gulf and the Hornet prior to its release about a year ago, he said something like that: We established great releations with Boeing during our development of the Hornet, which is great for potential development of further Boeing aircraft for DCS, like the Apache.

So there definitely is a chance that an Apache might be possible.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Everyone's private wishlist cannot be simultaneously produced. It has more to do with the laws of spacetime then it does 'this or that being super sekret'

I completely agree with you! It all really comes down to the perfect timing for everything to line up for DCS to have all that they need to develop a new aircraft.

It has become so common to see people ask why a certain aircraft hasn't been done already that it just makes me roll my eyes every time because they simply haven't done their research. I hope someone can put together a good write up explaining the complexities of what it takes to develop a module for DCS. So that we can all just refer these newbies to it.

Your two links here appear to be random forumites armchair theorising. There is nothing conclusive there. F-18 and A-10 also have classified systems in them, yet we have them both. The determining criteria is the level of cooperation from contractors and government entities.

Russian government very uncooperative. Most even remotely new stuff is expressly forbidden. There is no work around as the IP holders (Mikoyan etc) are beholden to or even part if the government.

Western entities are generally much more cooperative, often PROVIDING classified data, with the understanding said data goes no further and will not be directly copied, but rather 'emulated'. They occasionally place restrictions or conditions on certain aspects.

There is nothing about an Apache that is remarkably exceptional compared to the F-15E, F-18C, AH-1S, or A-10C, so the whole thing is dependent on gov cooperation and ED's manpower and will to develop. It has been stated before they wanted to do one, but realisitically there is only so much they can do at one time. That they have not announced production of one is not surprising considering how many things they ALREADY have going.

+10, everyone should have to read this before posting in the wishlist.

I still wish an AH-64D was available right now tho :music_whistling:

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

Some of the last stuff I did in 2014 before leaving the flight line was working with the -64E test program. Suffice it to say you have a better chance of seeing pigs fly, winning the lottery, being struck by lightning, or growing udders and getting milked before you see any of the tech in that bird in this sim in the next 25 years.

:smilewink:So reading between the lines, some will think it won't be long in coming! :lol:

I sure miss the definite answers we used to get/give in the military :megalol:

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *