Another One Bites The Dust. RTX2080TI

First card on pre order. Arrived September last and failed just after Xmas. 3 months of weekend only use.

Duly went through the return process, supplier tested and found the card faulty (bsod) and I received a replacement. This was fitted near end of January.

Yesterday evening I was running through the cold start for the F14 and got to the point of setting wing sweep when my Rift went dark.

Rebooted PC. Got error 43 message "Windows has stopped this device as it reported problems" and a letterbox size image on the monitor.

Uninstalled card, reinstalled it with last month's driver and rebooted. Card starts to initialize then 100s of artefacts in the shape of small white lines appear, card immediately goes black screen.

Rebooted again, same.

Unplugged PC, dismounted card, refitted it and tried again. Same.

Now running on in built graphics, so no damage to PC image this time at least. Unlike last time when I had to reinstall everything.

Card is back in its packaging and waiting to enter into the snail pace RMA procedure.

I've always been lucky.......not. :(

So 2x cards failed at 3 months of relatively light use. I'm betting the replacement was of the same batch as the original, although both failure modes were different,

PC just shut itself down the first time and would not reboot (bsod)with the card fitted last time, then Windows said files were corrupted and could not be recovered. I learned from that and have the complete system image regularly backed up on a removable drive.

At least this time I could use Windows to troubleshoot it.

Really hoping that original batch has now all been sold.

It's getting ridiculous.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Oh that's bad news Tinkickef.

I have been fortunate with mine as it seems the issue I had maybe RAM on my other PC and I have been "testing" the 2080Ti on this PC, so far with no issue thankfully.

Hopefully the vendors can sort out this issue. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

You can only do this to end-customers like us.

Do this in a DC with 4096 of those cards with 25% failing in like the first 12 weeks and you will never sell again to them.

Really BAD LUCK Tintichef

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Yup. That's the way the dice rolls when you early adopt the first batch to leave the factory.

Really hope I get a different batch with the Samsung VRAM, although I heard they are failing too.

What I have found is its not thermals and its not the design and build of the tier two manufacturers like Asus, as the problem appears to be across the board with founders edition and all tier two brands failing.

Suspicion seems to be falling on the internals of the GPU itself, or pcb build problems at Nvidia themselves. Steve at GamersNexus has an excellent article on his site.

Nvidia are not even admitting a problem.

In the meantime, I will probably pack my Rift away back in its packaging as it is likely that the HP Reverb will have been released by the time I get a new card back and fitted.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Another One Bites The Dust. RTX2080TI

this last nvidia hardware release was a bit of a debacle from day one.

features no one can use.

for prices most can’t afford,

with worse than industry average quality.

it’s no wonder their stock price tanked.

sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Edited by etherbattx

There were some threads on a batch with bad memory failing as they heated over time.

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

this last nvidia hardware release was a bit of a debacle from day one.

features no one can use.

for prices most can’t afford,

with worse than industry average quality.

it’s no wonder their stock price tanked.

sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Very well put! Let’s hope some competition straightens them out.

So, in lieu of this apparently troubled Nvidia RTX series with a probable design flaw, how does the AMD Radeon VII with 16GB of VRAM stand up in terms of real world DCS VR and 4K performance? Any benchmarks out there?

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would be interested to hear of a DCS / Radeon VII experience as well .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

if you can get a new replacement right now you should be fine, and the stock of bad batches have been cleared by now.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks for taking the trouble !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2