Dogfighting the Spitfire

Spits don't loose energy somehow. Try this with a friend: take a 109 and fly head on with a spit. Let the Spit turn in on you while the 109 just starts to climb straight without turning. The Spitfire is like glued to your six after the turn. Clearly seen in the replay or in 3rd person view.
From my experience flying the Spitfire, unless you merge with me at a ridiculously slow speed, this will not happen. The 109 pulls away from the Spitfire easily in a climb. Otherwise, the engine would be at serious risk.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

All AI whether 109, Dora or Spitty, have uber-energy retention and can perform breathtaking stunts of vertical acceleration.

Having flown both the Pony and the Spitty against the AI 109K and been witness to countless examples of their double Immelmann's at impossibly slow speeds, the uber AI effect is not limited to the Spitty.

The only consistent way to beat the AI is to hold an altitude/speed advantage (depending what you're fighting) and stay on top of the fight. As soon as you let it get on top of you you're wallowing about trying to force the AI into an overshoot for a fleeting snapshot opportunity before it once again outclimbs you and comes down for the next pass.

Ok, RIVER, missed that part.

Have to say it's contrary to my experiences as both Spit and 109 pilot in similar circumstance.

Spit can do an impressive reversal with not much speed loss - depending on who's holding the stick - I'll grant you but if the 109 driver has enough smash and MW50 and doesn't climb too slowly (270kmh min IIRC) then he should leave the Spit quite easily at most altitudes.