Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

33401270138_8f770e676f_z.jpg

I am thrilled to announce the new upcoming F/A-18 campaign for DCS World called "RAVEN ONE", which we will develop in cooperation with former Hornet pilots Jell-o and Sunshine from the Fighter Pilot Podcast (FPP).

The campaign will take place in the Persian Gulf and will be based on a novel by Kevin Miller of the same title. Moreover, Kevin agreed to also get involved in the creation process for even more authentic experience.

We're looking at minimum 15 missions recreating some of the events from the book and maintaining the highest possible standards when it comes to realism (limited of course by the DCS engine and making sure they are entertaining and fun to fly).

For more information, make sure to keep an eye on my Facebook Page, FPP website and FB page, as well on the podcast itself.

And do grab Kevin Miller's novel - it is a great read for all Hornet fans.

Links:

Fighter Pilot Podcast

@fighterpilotpodcast (Facebook)

Raven One for Kindle

And a teaser:

Plus short video of WiP AAA over Bandar Abbas:

And the previews by guys who helped me with voiceovers and agreed to stream some of the missions:

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Grandslam :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Fantastic news!

The book series is excellent, and enrolling the author is an achievement in itself.

Where can I buy?

Well the development will take a few months (it will be a very complicated project and I also want to wait for some extra goodies for Hornet coming our way) - once it is ready it will be available for purchase just as all the other campaigns.

Uuuuu is dog fighting in unarmed F/A-18 against MIG-35 included? ;-)

I will see what I can do. Don’t forget about the AAR just after that... there obviously will be changes in what is happening with regard to the book version, if DCS limitations (or AI behaviour) require it. There will also be extra missions not described in the novel. I am in the process of getting very good people (many of whom you will know) to do the VOs for various characters featured in the book :) stay tuned for more info.

Perfect! Please finish the A-10C training campaign first (eagerly awaiting this one, for the old warhorse!), before you start working on the F/A-18 campaign.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

The campaign will take place in the Persian Gulf

dead end for me but happy hunting for those who have this map :joystick:

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Will you design this with the finished f18 in mind? In the book they use targeting pods and gps guided munitions which we don't have yet.

This sounds good. Will probably buy this once it's released. I liked the book even though the crazy iranian bad guy was unnecessary imo.

Perfect! Please finish the A-10C training campaign first (eagerly awaiting this one, for the old warhorse!), before you start working on the F/A-18 campaign.

Hey tintifaxl. I am pretty sure that the Iron Flag will be out before this one. We had a long break due to a natural disaster - Doughboy, who is doing most of research and writing had his house severely damaged by the Michael hurricane. But the good news is that we're back on track now, actively working on the new scripts and finishing missions (1,2,3,4 and 7 ready, 5 in production, 6 and 8 in writing). And I like to work on several projects at the same time, that way things never are boring.

Will you design this with the finished f18 in mind? In the book they use targeting pods and gps guided munitions which we don't have yet.

This sounds good. Will probably buy this once it's released. I liked the book even though the crazy iranian bad guy was unnecessary imo.

Yes, I will be writing / developing missions assuming that by the time campaign is ready we will get the TGP and GBUs.

With the way the FA-18C is coming out stronger by the weeks, I knew some big and robust campaign was going to be in the oven.

Most certainly will be getting this when fully baked.

God's speed guys and cheers.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Awesome! Loved the series. Can’t wait to fly with Cajun, Weed and of course Flip!

Just call all the AI Saint, they fly like him anyway :megalol:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Thanks!

Many thanks, first day buying.

Same here!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

This is excellent terrain.

dead end for me but happy hunting for those who have this map :joystick:

Hey, don't get yourself excluded for no reason. PG is a perfect terrain in my opinion compared to what is available today in DCS.

It is well worth getting it, probably there will be some sort of sale by the time this campaign is ready anyway. Perhaps even a bundle (just a thought)...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Hey, don't get yourself excluded for no reason. PG is a perfect terrain in my opinion compared to what is available today in DCS.

It is well worth getting it, probably there will be some sort of sale by the time this campaign is ready anyway. Perhaps even a bundle (just a thought)...

+1

Well worth a buy during the discount or bundle sales by ED.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Sounds very good to me. Will be paid campaign or free?

It will be a DLC. Paid campaign.

Awesome! Loved the series. Can’t wait to fly with Cajun, Weed and of course Flip!

Just call all the AI Saint, they fly like him anyway :megalol:

You'll probably fly as Flip, which would make sense if you are to have a few wingmen. Got good people lined up for VOs (that is a small surprise), including Olive and Psycho :) And good idea for the Saint, I want to portray him in the campaign just as he is in the book....

Yep! Worth grabbing in my opinion, many good campaigns to come there.

• Like 1

After finishing your fantastic M2000 Caucasus campaign and being a few missions into the so far even better Red Flag campaign for the same I can’t wait! The attention to detail in those campaigns is phenomenal.

Day 1 purchase for sure. (And very happy this is on the PG map)