left / right DDI font color

Thanks, I think I’ll give this a try later.

For VR I now use these edits

- Makes the Fonts crisper

- adds a black surround to the text on the colour display so you can see them when using the moving map

- option to change the font to a dull white

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua

stroke_thickness = 0.9

stroke_fuzziness = 0.25

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 3.0

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 8.0

DMC_stroke_thickness = 1.0

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.3

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\materials.lua

MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI] = {220, 220, 220, 255}

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 4 months later...
For VR I now use these edits

- Makes the Fonts crisper

- adds a black surround to the text on the colour display so you can see them when using the moving map

- option to change the font to a dull white

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua

stroke_thickness = 0.9

stroke_fuzziness = 0.25

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 3.0

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 8.0

DMC_stroke_thickness = 1.0

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.3

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\materials.lua

MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI] = {220, 220, 220, 255}

I'm a 3-screener (until i invest in the much newer VR technology), would these edits not be applicable to my configuration in your estimation?

• 2 months later...

I've submitted a Mod to Eagle Dynamics for hosting in their User Files, that fixes all the readability problems with the AMPCD and the MFD's in bright light.

Here's the before:

https://imgur.com/a/Za3JhwM

And here after applying the mod:

https://imgur.com/a/3mE8vgv

To install the mod you will only need either OVGME (easiest) or manually replace the files (but will need to re-do this after each update of the Hornet).

It passes integrity so no problem with Multiplayer and it's been tested in VR.

Grab it here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311626/

The colours chosen were to remain still visible in all lighting and against all different map layouts (e.g. red lettering alone, washes out and becomes unreadable at high scales of the Caucasus and Persian Gulf maps and white washes out over almost all landmass maps except water)

Edited by Elphaba

Version 1.1

Fixed an issue where the SA page on the AMPCD wasn't showing the correct Data Link iconology.

Please re-download and replace.

Apologies for not spotting that but I needed to fly with some friends and could only do that tonight as I had food poisoning yesterday.