A10 & FC2 Compatibility

Rikus

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... but would you be able to tell the difference?

If the A-10C AFM is superior to that of the Su-25T, then that alone is worth the price of entry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Personally I think that ED should focus on the DCS series and move into the future not look back to waste resources on FC2. I guess it's all sells driven really if FC2 is selling strong then it would make sense to continue to support FC2 . Either way I will support ED's decision.

Amen to that! Also ED should start making FC2 buyers used to the idea that they buy FC2 only to finance the DCS development :D The sooner, the better.

... but would you be able to tell the difference?

If the changes would feature modeling of phenomenas missing in the previous revision of AFM then I think I would :devil_2: If tweaks only then I doubt it :)

Edited by Bucic

...If the changes would feature modeling of phenomenas missing in the previous revision....

What's missing from the Toads re FM?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If you add something, I will probably catch it ;) Actually I feel very intimidated by ED's AFMs. The only thing I could think of which might be added would be all kinds of phenomenas directly related to atmosphere movement modeling. I have nothing specific on my mind right now. Something has already been added in FC2 for AFM ACs... :thumbup: Also a full fidelity Force Feedback modeling would be nice to be 100% proportional to what real pilot feels in all flight regimes. Russian jets has a system for artificially creating forces on the stick so it would be particularly interesting. If you don't have access to the real formulas the system uses grab yourself a pilot, give him a tensometer glove and of he go :)

Speaking out of school, but would what happened here ever be possible in an SU-25T? It just flips over like a kite :(

What do you mean? It's a classic stall with spin (one wing stalls first) in an early phase (no time to develop into full spiral spin) and of course it's possible in LO FC+ Su-25. In fact it happened to me back in LO FC times on one occasion. I was coming back home from a mission. I had to scratch the ground with my belly for the reasons you'll guess for sure. The terrain profile forced me to go inverted to follow the hill profile. Pushing on the stick would give too high negative G. Medium speed. And so I did. The problem was I did it abruptly with a solid rudder added. There wasn't even enough time to curse.

Edited by Bucic

20 years in navy, and? We must sitting into our ass from that? It's a sim, not real life. Were you a fighter pilot? I think not...

No Sir I was not a pilot by trade but that is only because i did not have the vision requirements. So I went the next best route. I became a master maintainer. Then eventually an avionics engineer.

• Like 1

Now where is that speed brakes control again?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doesn't stall properly, no sharp wingdrop in stall (therefore no autorotation), doesn't recover well/at all from deep accelerated stall, tailslides/stallturns don't work right (looks like the mass distribution and resulting moments of inertia might not be right), etc, etc ...

Of course, these are all outside the normal flight regime (how many people/developers think about negative airspeed!). However, this is a simple test of any aircraft simulator and the first one I apply to any sim (suprisingly Wings of Prey has an excellent feel in stalls and stall recovery, which is suprising since the rest of the game is certainly 'sim lite' or even 'sim zero' ).

I have my fingers (and controls) crossed for the A-10C :)

Note: I have not flown a real Su-25T so maybe it really is that much of a stall pig. But it certainly doesn't follow the way the aircraft I've flown feel in these maneuvers.

Edit: Incidientally there was a post that Microsoft was the biggest software company. This is not true. It has fewer employees than several companies (eg. IBM, HP) and lower market capitalization than Apple. Just statin' the latest facts so people aren't behind the times any more.

Edited by Moa

Doesn't stall properly, no sharp wingdrop in stall (therefore no autorotation), doesn't recover well/at all from deep accelerated stall, tailslides/stallturns don't work right (looks like the mass distribution and resulting moments of inertia might not be right), etc, etc ...

Note: I have not flown a real Su-25T so maybe it really is that much of a stall pig. But it certainly doesn't follow the way the aircraft I've flown feel in these maneuvers.

That's a bold statement. Even if you were a pilot of an aircraft of practically the same shape and size that Su-25 is it wouldn't be enough to make your claims legitimate due to pretty extreme differences in stall and spin characteristics between two wings of the same shape (contour) and size but different airfoil (edit: plus the same tail configuration and 'arm').

Also if you decide to argue abour ED's FMs inaccuracies I highly suggest you pick something different than mass distribution or momentums of inertia as these are one of the easiest elements 'to get them right' ;)

Out of curiosity - what ACs of the closest resemblance to Su-25 did you fly? That combined with the information on what airfoil they used on Su-25 could help but taking ED's recent achievements I doubt there's any sense discussing their AFMs. On the other hand they did make some improvements to the Su-25 AFM in FC 2.0, as I mentioned before.

Edited by Bucic
  • Like 1

i take my hat off on my first post in this great board and say hello to everyone. Been following it for a while ( since initial lock on) and consider buying FC2 and the new hog to end my poor time of not simming for long.

Edit: Incidientally there was a post that Microsoft was the biggest software company. This is not true. It has fewer employees than several companies (eg. IBM, HP) and lower market capitalization than Apple. Just statin' the latest facts so people aren't behind the times any more.

In my mind IBM and HP are hardware vendors, allthough appliances need software ofc. I even make a guess and say Apple makes more money on selling hardware now.

Edited by z33r0

He wouldn't. It would ruin the mystery. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

He wouldn't. It would ruin the mystery. ;)

Let's look at the clue..........

Luke I am your father.

After dissecting the clue to it's conclusion, the closest we've gotten so far..........GG's twin-sister kicking his A$$ online!

dark_helmet.jpg

:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Visit my profile at http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=5409 It's all there. No biggy. BTW, If you're so awed by my 'performances' I'm currently looking for a job abroad. If there's a chance you'll have something for me you'll get my full CV with all the bells and whistles. Even with a photo of my ugly mugg! :D