DCS 2.7 shader edits

I'm not sure if tinkering with clouds is worth it really. Cirrus layer in 1.03 is low-res, there are straight line seams visible on it, and it tends to suddenly pop in and out for no apparent reason. Tested on NTTR, April, cloud density 5, base 900 m, no wind.

I've also noticed some most distant cumulus clouds pop in and out as well, but that might have happened with stock gfx as well.

The other tweaks are fine, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Where is this version?

Check the very first post of the thread. Mustang always keeps that current with the newest editions of any of his mod's. :)

Thanks Mustang. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Downloading......

Tried it and everything looks a bit darker. Was using gamma of 1.7 but I have to up it to 1.9 - 2.0 to get similar range. But higher gamma should yield better contrast in mid tones so this is good.

Edited by Taz1004

Downloading......

Tried it and everything looks a bit darker. Was using gamma of 1.7 but I have to up it to 1.9 - 2.0 to get similar range. But higher gamma should yield better contrast in mid tones so this is good.

That's the idea, to tame the gamma a little in the higher range to more normal levels.

I tried this mod yesterday and the difference is like day and night, superb mod, now I can see inside and outside my cockpit! Why in the hell the ED can't do something like this?

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

I tried it..

I got this error..

Shader 'deferred/Resolvedepth.fx' failed to compile- HRESULT: Error_Path_Not_Found

DX11 Renderer-Error.

I must have screwed it up somehow..

Any suggestions?

Not sure how this managed to happen as this mod doesn't even touch Resolvedepth.fx shader, best you can do is a repair and see how it goes from there.

tried the mod in conjuction with Starway caucasus mod + Mustang's persianl gulf terrain noise + New Tree mod....now the game looks PERFECT.

Thanks buddy!! ;)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Thank you! I hated how the lighting was so borked since 2.5.6 and thought for sure ED would have fixed it in the July patch - so disappointed. I still have yet to find any recognition from ED that there is a problem, so I was discouraged thinking that this would never be addressed... then I discover this mod, which fixed everything for me!!! You have my greatest appreciation Mustang!

Can I run this without the watercompose? I'd like to keep IC check in all scenarios and i'm not dissapointed with my performance or otherwise with water. I just want the haze fixed.

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

Can I run this without the watercompose? I'd like to keep IC check in all scenarios and i'm not dissapointed with my performance or otherwise with water. I just want the haze fixed.

The watercompose.hlsl is only affecting IC on first time use (as mentioned in first post) give it a try on subsequent loads and you'll see IC stabilise.

ok sounds good!

Feedback on the rest of the mod... fantastic! I can see missile trails for the first time at reasonable ranges!

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

Keen to try this out. Just one question - what is the method for uninstalling? (I see that it overwrites original game files).

Does one need to make a backup, or redownload the game again, or is there a quicker/simpler option such as a command prompt update command to 'repair' files available if needed?

Likewise if the game updates - do I have to reinstall this again?

Looking forward to seeing the missile trails!

Edited by Adam

Nice ! What draw distances modifications are we talking about ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !