2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

• ED Team

Just to clarify, the dynamic campaign will be part of DCS Core.

Message attached from Kate

Thanks

kate.PNG.8fcb7d5e24a2d8579ada21dbf4988ff1.PNG

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Message attach from Kate

Thanks

Thanks for clarifying BIGNEWY & Kate :thumbup:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Thanks

Good to hear, thanks!

p.s: shouldn't you be on holiday? :smilewink:

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

• ED Team
Good to hear, thanks!

p.s: shouldn't you be on holiday? :smilewink:

Working on your hobby and passion has consequences lol ;)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Working on your hobby and passion has consequences lol ;)

haha could be worse! :thumbup:

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Dynamic Campaign Engine compatibility?

Read about the latest news of the new Dynamic Campaign Engine, but there was no information if this would be a separate module or integrated into the current mission editor.

So, if it is integrated into the current mission editor would the current mission files that I have downloaded be compatible with this new dynamic campaign engine?

Or if the Dynamic Campaign Engine is a separate modules, will it allow the import of the current mission files?

I also thought the same thing. That the dynamic campaign would be part of the game and not a paid module.

You see how rumors get started?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

While everyone is exited about the campaign engine, I can't wait for the new effects. Next update perhaps?

hero1.jpg

Yep, noticed that also in the Syria map trailer... Looks beautiful!!

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

As I understand it's a system designed to create missions all on it's own in the context of a full dynamic campaign...

So having your own missions to insert would be somewhat redundant.

It's like a mission generator that does so with an entire military conflict used as the basis, and your successes and failures in performing the missions you accept will affect the progression of the military conflict.

Also... I would imagine it's not replacing the Mission Editor at all. It will be it's own separate entry on the right hand side of the main menu I would guess... Right along side of instant action, campaign, Multi-player etc...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Thanks

That's how I originally understood it, but that's actually quite a brilliant move by ED. I and many others would have gladly paid for it, but the knock-on effect of selling more modules specifically because of the inclusion of the DC will be huge. For me personally I've really stopped buying modules until this is released (and working to plan). Get it in and working and I'll go on a spending spree that the wife is not going to be happy about...:thumbup:

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

I hope it will be release not like the quick mission generator, only for modern era but also for WWII / Korea. The best it will be if giving a time set the engine will take into account only the appropriate equipment.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited by Hunter Joker

Good!

Thanks

Thanks!

See - if you are going to title this: "Dynamic Campaign Engine for DCS World"

Then in the closing notes use "module" --

We are certain that you will have many detailed questions and look forward to revealing

more information on this module as and when we are in position to demonstrate some

of the features live. [/Quote]

People like me will think it is a paid module. I guess a more selective choice of wording would avoid missed expectations. All good though.

Could have just said "DCS World will get dynamic campaign feature" instead.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Fair enough. I wouldn't mind if they did make it an actual module, free for everyone to download but with an optional Donate button.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

So is there any chance we'll get the new fire/smoke effects in the next update, or is this still being optimised? Thanks.

I'm getting very vivid Vietnam Flashbacks to some undisclosed version around 1.2 just now. Those effects which had been added back then literally killed DCS for me in terms of render performance for a period of several years including two major hardware upgrades which didn't help at all and I don't want this to ever happen again.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team