The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Yes, add the Ded. Server build to the App Builds (name it ded. server if you like).

Click on the Ded. Server Options Tab, set settings checkboxes.

Click Launch Ded. Server Mode.

Once it's loaded, Select your Normal Build and Launch.

You Can Launch. Ded. Server and Normal DCS on the Same Build as well using different settings.

(ie launch Ded. Server Mode then launch normal mode).

Awesome that works perfect! I didn't even know you can run the same build as a stand alone server and client at the same time, i was able to delete my dedicated server install now and just use my normal builds :thumbup:

I guess i can only run one dedicated server instance at a time, since there is only one custom write folder line under dedicated server options?

Awesome that works perfect! I didn't even know you can run the same build as a stand alone server and client at the same time, i was able to delete my dedicated server install now and just use my normal builds :thumbup:

I guess i can only run one dedicated server instance at a time, since there is only one custom write folder line under dedicated server options?

Set the checkboxes and write folder for first instance, click ded. server launch.

Set the checkboxes and write folder for second instance, click ded. server launch

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

Question for yall, I haven't played DCS in like 6 months, I just updated to the newest version via DCS Updater application (Like I always have since this app came out, Thank you BTW). When I attempt to go multiplayer I am meet with 0 servers on the browser list. I am able to communicate to the servers in question, my firewall is also permitting the correct UDP / TCP ports required. Ive done packet captures nothing is being blocked it would appear this is an application issue. So I did a repair, and a clean outcome is still the same. Is this a known bug ? If so is there a way to fix it without needing to uninstall / reinstall ? I have a sim pit and really don't want to rebind everything that's why I ask.

Thank You,

Phillip

Edited by pcamera

Question for yall, I haven't played DCS in like 6 months, I just updated to the newest version via DCS Updater application (Like I always have since this app came out, Thank you BTW). When I attempt to go multiplayer I am meet with 0 servers on the browser list. I am able to communicate to the servers in question, my firewall is also permitting the correct UDP / TCP ports required. Ive done packet captures nothing is being blocked it would appear this is an application issue. So I did a repair, and a clean outcome is still the same. Is this a known bug ? If so is there a way to fix it without needing to uninstall / reinstall ? I have a sim pit and really don't want to rebind everything that's why I ask.

Thank You,

Phillip

This is not a issue related to my app, please post in tue DCSW Multiplayer Bugs section.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

This is going to be a dumb question, but I am only using one branch, the stable branch. I used to have a dual install of DCS, but now since my new build, Ive just been going with the stable branch. I want to use the updater utility to switch between these two branches. I just want to confirm that it's as simple as just using the update buttons in the gui within the advanced settings tab in the GUI, and will I run into issue with my control mappings if I'm switching back and forth? Thanks.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

You can, and even easier if you have two separate builds installed. Kinda the reason why this was made in the first place IIRC was so you can switch versions on the fly without getting confused.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. I went ahead and updated the stable to beta. All good. However, I did received a notification that there were files within the bin/_downloads/ folder specific to the BF109 and and both 190 variants telling me they were not supposed to be there and whether or not i should keep them. I left well enough alone and just kept the files and continued on with the install.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

That's OK, it's a bug in the latest DCS Beta updater (not the utility, but the updater itself).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Sorry if asked before, but somehow the DCS updater utility is not saving/remembering my DCS and DCS saved games folder locations.

When I set the folder locations in the application settings tab the utility is working great. But when I close the utility and restart it, I have to again browse to my install and saved games folders.

There's probably something simple to this, but I can't find it :huh:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Sorry if asked before, but somehow the DCS updater utility is not saving/remembering my DCS and DCS saved games folder locations.

When I set the folder locations in the application settings tab the utility is working great. But when I close the utility and restart it, I have to again browse to my install and saved games folders.

There's probably something simple to this, but I can't find it :huh:

Please Post Log, it's not saving locations for some reason.

Prelim. Changelog for 1.1.0.1036:

-Removed The Disabled DCS Regional Server Checks Code, DCS has Moved to use CDN or Torrent

-Cleaned / Condensed Startup Functions

-Added Version Number and Build Number to Window Title Bar

-Added C-101CC/EB NS430 Module Assets

-Fixed Typo's in Some Modules Information Text

-Fixed Some "More" Buttons not working correctly or being misplaced.

-Added Serpents Head II Campaign Assets

-Disabled DCS Updater Settings Button if 2.10.2.0 or Greater

-Updated some Icons

Working on some other little things and cleaning some things up.

Possibly Moving Dedicated Server Options and External Applications Sections to the HOME Tab.

Also Possibly Moving "Training" Modules Tab to Tech/Terrain.

This would allow me to delete the Ded. Server Options and Training Tabs, As they are taking up a whole tab/sheet for minimal settings options. wasting space.

Edited by SkateZilla

Prelim. Changelog for 1.1.0.1036:

Hopefully you can answer this, but heres my issue: launching DCS in non/VR mode and then installing a module, or restarting after resetting some visuals using your utility; when DCS restarts it will automatically start in VR. Can you prevent that? Or is this something that has to be manually done everytime you restart?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

manually check your DCS Config/Options.LUA for [VR], Enabled = TRUE

Hopefully you can answer this, but heres my issue: launching DCS in non/VR mode and then installing a module, or restarting after resetting some visuals using your utility; when DCS restarts it will automatically start in VR. Can you prevent that? Or is this something that has to be manually done everytime you restart?

I use one config preset in DCS Updater for VR and one for nonVR. Just enable and disable VR in the game, when preset is used.

Much better then clicking on VR/ON and VR/OFF every time.

Especially because I use different graphic settings for both. NonVR all to Max and VR much lower to reach stable 45fps with forced Reprojection.

The VR/ON and VR/OFF buttons are still usefull for some special situations.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Updater Settings

Hi. I can't click on "Updater Settings" for my open beta install. I can for the stable, but not OB. I want to set up a different folder for the update downloads. I had it set up but now it says the folder is no good and I can't click on the Updater Settings button. Just for OB. I tried resetting the paths but no help. Got the latest version of the GUI Updater. Help? Thanks.

Hi. I can't click on "Updater Settings" for my open beta install. I can for the stable, but not OB. I want to set up a different folder for the update downloads. I had it set up but now it says the folder is no good and I can't click on the Updater Settings button. Just for OB. I tried resetting the paths but no help. Got the latest version of the GUI Updater. Help? Thanks.

Custom Downloads Folder Option was removed from the DCS_Updater Core Functions. (AFAIK, the Entire Settings Page/Command as well)

Edited by SkateZilla

• 2 weeks later...

Changelog for 1.1.0.1036 / 8.5.2020.1:

-Removed the Disabled DCS Regional Server Checks Code, DCS has Moved to use CDN or Torrent

-Removed DCS Regional Server Graphics and Text

-Cleaned / Condensed Startup Functions

-Added Version Number and Build Number to Window Title Bar

-Added C-101CC/EB NS430 Module Assets

-Fixed Typo's in Some Modules Information Text

-Fixed Some "More" Buttons not working correctly or being misplaced.

-Added Serpents Head II Campaign Assets

-Disabled DCS Updater Settings Button if 2.10.2.0 or Greater

-Updated some Icon Graphics

-Added Launch External Application Buttons to Home Page

-Moved Version Number Information on home page

Nice Update

I just downloaded - Thanks SkateZilla -

I use your utility almost every day.... Most Valuable!

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Skatezilla's Updater Question

Ever since the free module month, my updater detects all of the modules that I tried out. It still says "Belsimtek F-14 detected" for instance, even though I don't own the module.

It doesn't show in game, only on the updater. Is there somewhere in the files that I nee to go to delete these? I don't like files that I can't use taking up needed space on my external harddrive. Thanks for reading.

:thumbup:Looks like a great utility Skate, as a complete newb to both DCS & VR I'll take all the help I can get!!

One question though I was thinking of using Voice Alert and Viacom Pro but would this be a problem if I used your utility to start DCS & Oculus?

Thanks a lot bud

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

:thumbup:Looks like a great utility Skate, as a complete newb to both DCS & VR I'll take all the help I can get!!

One question though I was thinking of using Voice Alert and Viacom Pro but would this be a problem if I used your utility to start DCS & Oculus?

Thanks a lot bud

I havent heard anything regarding any incompatibility issues w/ those applications.

I havent heard anything regarding any incompatibility issues w/ those applications.

So could I pick your brains?

Which order would you suggest would be best to start them up in?

Appreciate the help mate.:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,