[NO BUG] Slewing mavericks broken?

Mohamengina

I'm having this same issue with the IR Mav. I did everything I used to do such as making the Mav DDI the SOI and uncaging it. It doesn't respond to my TDC inputs and I checked my controls to see if anything reset but everything was set correctly. TDC works with my TPod just fine but not the Mav seeker.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Remember that with IR Mavericks you have to hold the TDC Depress in order to slew them, unless you have the 'Realistic TDC Slew' option unchecked on the Hornet's special page in the Options menu.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Are you guys trying to slew the MAVF while you have designated a target with the TGP? Remember that you can't slew the seeker manually if you have a target designated. It's supposed to uncage and slave to the target point and you have to undesignate if you want to slew manually.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I was having issues slewing left but right worked better. Seemed sticky and intermittent, or like it was gimbal locked or something. Tried both realistic settings and also cycling cage/uncage. TDC works just fine with TGP and radar.

Edited by DiscoVolante

Are you guys trying to slew the MAVF while you have designated a target with the TGP? Remember that you can't slew the seeker manually if you have a target designated. It's supposed to uncage and slave to the target point and you have to undesignate if you want to slew manually.

This probably explains it. How do you undesignate a target on the TGP?

This probably explains it. How do you undesignate a target on the TGP?
The usual way. Press the NWS/Undesignate button on the stick.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/19/2019 at 11:30 AM, Harker said:

This is exactly the issue, thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, now look at what happen when you use the ground radar on GMT mode. The first maverik behave as supposed, the second one won't let you change the FOV anymore, if you fire the first one and undesignate the radar lock you can control the second one but the third one goes back to VVC so is unusable on this pass.

Randomly you can or can not change the FOV.

If you put the FLIR into the equation things get even worst.

Guys i really think there are bugs here.....