a-10c upgrades

will-

Since the f-18 is now in development, would it be possible to use the systems on the a-10c? upgraded TAD, HMDCS, Sniper pod even if its just better tgp info.

Is that something that would just have to be a mod if wanted for now?

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

This has been discussed several times before, and I think the consensus has been largely the same.

Generally, we all can agree that an A-10C upgrade from our current suite to a more modern Suite ( such as 5,7, or maybe even 8 ) would be fantastic. For many people, myself included, this would be the best news we could ever receive following the F-18 release. I'd be so happy with ED that'd I'd mail them a bottle of their choice.

Despite what we want, and despite there being an obvious community interest, an upgrade to a more modern Suite is highly, highly unlikely as it would require another contract with the Air Force and who knows how much work.

We could definitely use some new textures, though.

I'd be so happy with ED that'd I'd mail them a bottle of their choice.

Great idea! :D

In case the powers that be are listening in on this, I'd just like to state for the record that I'd be willing to pay full price for an upgraded A-10C suite 5+. Especially if it comes with HMCS!

But if it helps in the decision making process, an additional bottle of ED's choice would not be out of the question. :smartass:

It would be mostly on getting the contract changed and would the time spent be viable for the module now and for it's future?

It would take some work, the type of tech is getting done right now for the F/A-18, just a copy and paste right:D

I think the next time you see this tech used will be in the F-16, it's OK now, I'm not trying to upset anyone;)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link