DCS A-10 Multiplayer Newbie Question

coupe73v

Hey Folks. My cousin and I each purchased DCS A-10 from Steam for the purpose of doing some multiplayer co-op flying. We tried to setup a multiplayer game and were unable. I attempted to use the "new server" option, but he was unable to see me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what a new server is. I assumed it was like hosting a game. Are our only options to set up a dedicated server or to find one that someone else created? Is there somewhere I can find more info on how to setup a multiplayer game? I didn't see much info in the manual. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Coupe

Hi coupe73v

When i host a server i do the following (Example with my own settings):

1. Start up DCS World Multiplayer and login.

2. On the first screen you choose "Internet" and click "New Server"

server_1.jpg

3. On second screen you choose/type "Server Name", "Server Type", "Interface" (Local IP), "Port", "Players Up To" and "Password" (if needed).

Select the multiplayer mission you want to fly, and press "Start"

server_2.jpg

4. The server needs to be fully started before it shows up in the list over multiplayer servers and other players can join the server.

server_3.jpg

Hope this was helpful?

You have to open the PORT 10308 in the windows firewall and in your Router for incoming connections.

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

make sure both of your copies are up to date,make sure your connecting using each others' IP example bein 192.168.1.110, also make sure to have the person connecting wait till you start the server before they even begin to startup their Client.the refresh button needs some tweakin

And don't give up, when the server is not showing up immediately after launching. A friend of mine and I have the problem, that I see his server randomly when pushing the get new list button. That can endure up to 5min and many times pressing that button but that works even better than connecting via IP, which says: unable to connect in about 80% of the cases.

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

• 5 years later...