Dynamic Caucasus - Huey Sling Load

Cruachan

Hello all,

I've searched the forum and the internet for some advice on this, but I didn't find anything. That usually means one thing... it's a stupid question and I should know the answer.

I can sling load all day in DCS standalone missions with the Huey... get the radar altimeter on and such... and go for it. But on the Dynamic Caucasus multiplayer server, I can't seem to do it no matter what I try.

You use the F-10 menu to spawn something to pick up and deliver... like an EWR or AAA or something... a crate shows up... I fly over to it and try to hook it up and... nothing. Is it too heavy? Does the Huey really only carry troops? Is it not supposed to sling load on the Dynamic DCS server?

Thanks for your advice. Cheers,

-Cru

There's info and change notes on the Dynamic DCS discord https://discord.gg/MC4Z5tM

[DynamicDCS]Drex - 03/18/2018

@everyone heavy crates number costs have been retweaked to match lighter crates since they are not harder to sling, so now the only difference, heavy crates sling nicer on mi8 and lighter crates sling nicer on huey - this will be re-evaluated again in the future

Edited by AbortedMan

Once the crate is spawned, you need to select it in the 'Cargo' menu in the F10 menu (they'll be ordered by what's closest to you, and each one has a unique weight - there's a weight table in the Discord announcements channel), and then you'll be able to hook it.

I'd recommend jumping in the voice channel for whatever side you're on and asking if you have questions - everyone's very friendly/willing to help.