Tail Hook not deploying on the Viper...

I customized the control keystrokes for the tail hook deployment in the Viper and also tried activating it via the cockpit switch and nothing seems to happen.

The tail hook is modeled on the jet but it just doesn't seem to deploy.

Is this a bug? Or is this feature still in the works for the F-16?

Thanks for any informative replies....

Everest...out!

MOBO/MSI X570-A PRO/PCIe 4. CPU/AMD RYZEN 9 3900X (12 CORE), RAM/DDR4-32 GB (3200MHZ with XMP activated on the MOBO), GPU/EVGA-RTX 3080Ti, HMD/PIMAX Crystal, HOTAS/Thrustmaster Cougar

There is no point for the tail hook in the DCS F-16C to be modeled until they add cables on the runways.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

"There is no point for the tail hook in the DCS F-16C to be modeled until they add cables on the runways." ...why add cables to the runways. Just go land it on a carrier!

Check your F-16 external details (if you purchased it). It does have a tail hook modeled on it's rear underside.

Also, their is a tail hook control switch inside it's 3D cockpit.

My point is....why does it not work!?!

My guess is that it will be made available soon...once they iron out other more important issues.

Hope I'm right as it would be quite cool to land the Viper on a carrier....just like in BMS433/434.

Edited by everest101

MOBO/MSI X570-A PRO/PCIe 4. CPU/AMD RYZEN 9 3900X (12 CORE), RAM/DDR4-32 GB (3200MHZ with XMP activated on the MOBO), GPU/EVGA-RTX 3080Ti, HMD/PIMAX Crystal, HOTAS/Thrustmaster Cougar

If you want the tail hook to land a F-16 on a carrier, then there is absolutely no point and less need since this is something the F-16 can't do and there is no point for further conversation.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

My point is....why does it not work!?!

My guess is that it will be made available soon...once they iron out other more important issues.

The Viper is still in early access, so you answered your own question - it will come at a later date during development.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The Viper is still in early access, so you answered your own question - it will come at a later date during development.

I certainly hope you are right. I can wait for such a release.

Pas de problème!

thanks vhsousa, your link confirms that the hook is not used for carrier ops but for full-thrust engine tests on the ground. We do not have any provision for this in our air bases, so this feature is pretty much useless in our sim, even if ED make the hook come down. I would suggest we focus on essential issues. :)

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

thanks vhsousa, your link confirms that the hook is not used for carrier ops but for full-thrust engine tests on the ground. We do not have any provision for this in our air bases, so this feature is pretty much useless in our sim, even if ED make the hook come down. I would suggest we focus on essential issues. :)

And departure or approach end arrestments during emergencies.