New pilot body, with appropriate knee board(s). With shadows that move with pilot head movement (like the Hornet had before it was removed for some unknown to the public reason).

Cheers,

Don

• Like 3

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Can't find the post right away, but ED did say they'd look into this for the A-10C a few weeks ago.

I used to whine about this all the time, but unfortunately it seems like the need for a (VR) pilot body is either highly underestimated by the dev's, or it is extremely difficult and time consuming to make.

Still waiting for a pilot body in the Viper as well, but it will come eventually I'm sure.

As for most of the 3rd party modules...

Still no pilot body in the F-14 (yeah... only in the mirrors... how scary is that!), and don't get me started on the AV-8B..... I mean... come on Razbam!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

+1 from me too.

Pilot body greatly improves the immersion levels in VR, I would love to see this implemented in the upcoming Warthog 2.

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I always found the pilot body gets in the way of the panels & switches on the hornet for example, and i turned it off. I'd like to try it on the a10 but an option to disable would be welcome.

• Thanks 1

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

I always found the pilot body gets in the way of the panels & switches on the hornet for example, and i turned it off. I'd like to try it on the a10 but an option to disable would be welcome.

I’m sure all the current modules that have pilot bodies have the option to turn the pilot body on and off. The one for the A-10 (should it ever materialise) should be no different.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Yeah , i map it to a hotas switch .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

+1

And please no Hornet pilot re-cycle like on the Viper...

wait, viper has a pilot body?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

wait, viper has a pilot body?

Pretty sure they mean the external model, as in: the one that can be seen in F2 view (not the in-cockpit F1 model which indeed is not yet implemented).

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Pilot body just gets in the way for me so I end up leaving it disabled. Would be interesting to have it automatically move the pilot leg or something depending on where you look or where the cursor is, but that would probably be something outside the scope of what the current DCS engine can do.

It’s easily mapped to your Hotas and turns on/off with the flick of a switch.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recent announcement of the new A10 II being released. But please ED can you tell me if we will finally have the pilot feature added to the cockpit? Thanks.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 2 weeks later...
To be frank, I never did. Is kinda weird to have 4 hands or the switches manipulating themselves by some sort of telekinesis...

And it's not weird to see the stick, throttle and rudder pedals move miraculously? :music_whistling:

(Especially in the A-10 with it's incredible HOTAS functionality)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Pilot body just gets in the way for me so I end up leaving it disabled. Would be interesting to have it automatically move the pilot leg or something depending on where you look or where the cursor is, but that would probably be something outside the scope of what the current DCS engine can do.

This is a great idea actually, although I'd prefer just for it to quickly fade to maybe 85% transparency or something until the cursor moves away. I'm sure the DCS engine should be able to support that no problem. I'm sure even one of the brilliant modders here would be able to do it as well.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Yes, vr sucks with an empty seat....goes for all the aircraft.

It's a pain when the virtual pilots arm is in the way of a switch/panel and you cant move it to see past...

Blows the immersion for me.

I'm ok with virtual pilot bodies as long as it is an option.

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

And it's not weird to see the stick, throttle and rudder pedals move miraculously? :music_whistling:

(Especially in the A-10 with it's incredible HOTAS functionality)

I guess there will always be something weird. And I totally support the call for the pilot body, but I'd also love to see the whole thing revisited together with the VR controller thing.

Imagine having the virtual pilot body, with every parts casting shadows, with a physics engine behind it like Boneworks has (they determine arm and body position and attitude based on HMD and controler position and even as it has its quirks, it's working quite well making the game an awesome VR experience; I mean, even VTOL VR has that to a light extent and that's been coded by a single guy), with your virtual hands usually on HOTAS, but as soon as you take the RH controller, the right one goes off the stick and repositions according to your controller while the left one takes over the stick (which is what you'd naturally do if taking the RH off the stick and probably also will do on your own physical HOTAS). That way you could just lift your arm or pull it back to see the knobs and switches, just like IRL and manipulate them (either the current way or as done in VTOL VR, both should be possible at the same time without switching some options!). In case you now grab over to the throttle to pull it back for instance, the virtual left hand should just do that, maybe even with a slight delay (which should be optional in case it could get cumbersome or create some conflict with certain hardware) and go back to the stick afterwards. Then as soon as you drop the RH controller after having done the switchology (that gets determined by Oculus software, Virtual Desktop and others already, the hands either fade out completely or turn into 3d models of the controller after like 2 seconds if the controllers don't move anymore), the hand should go back to the stick and the other back to the throttle. The only things that could end up being weird there would be some arm angles and possibly the stick moving around in certain conditions without the virtual hand on it, like when hitting the real one with the elbow while trying to hit an OSB on the left MFD with the right hand. That would be OK for me though...

On top of that, there still should be the option to switch off the body as we have it now, plus an option to fade it away, maybe even just partially (same with the stick and the throttle grip) as you try to manipulate things hidden behind.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg