DCS AJS-37: Road to Release

Cobra847

Good stuff! Really appreciate the work and hope all those visual fixes will come out soon in the new year. I also hope you'll be able to finally fix the A2A missiles of the Viggen as described here. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247588

Basically you'd need to use the AIM-9L model (visually and physically) from ED for the RB-74 and the AIM-9J for the 24J. :)

Good stuff! Really appreciate the work and hope all those visual fixes will come out soon in the new year. I also hope you'll be able to finally fix the A2A missiles of the Viggen as described here. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247588

Basically you'd need to use the AIM-9L model (visually and physically) from ED for the RB-74 and the AIM-9J for the 24J. :)

Fixed for next patch.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Fixed for next patch.

Great to see Cobra the head honcho commenting on Viggen again! :)

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Very glad to hear and see all that love to the Viggen :)

May i ask one thing regarding the "Red Flag 16-2 Viggen Campaign".

I search inside DCS and its not activated for download, or in the Campaign menu either.

Is that campaign only for new buyers? Or planned for the future?

Edited by Renko

I search inside DCS and its not activated for download, or in the Campaign menu either.

It should be part of the module for next patch, but I will try to put the files up here in the interim.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

It should come in one of the next two updates.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

A bit odd to post that under the first part of actual release updates... You, uh, should be able to "see it"... :)

No hard feelings, but there has been a lot of teasing with pilot body and RAT. I just meant that when i actually see it then i believe its gonna come.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

It should be part of the module for next patch, but I will try to put the files up here in the interim.

It should come in one of the next two updates.

Thank you, there is no hurry at all :thumbup:

I was just wondering if it was an error on my side

Hi, First of all I want to thank for Viggen and its contents. Then I have a question how it is intended to control the cockpit with the pilot inside. Do I need to turn it off from time to time or do I count on having Hotas control? Or will the body be agile in the future? Thanks, and have a nice Christmas.

Hi guys, from my perspective the Viggen is a finished product and you can call it 'in production'. Small bugs are always going to show up, but I see this beauty on the same level as the KA-50 and A-10C. No other module has reached this level of perfection yet. And peeps, don't forget that some of the limitations come from DCS itself (like IFF), there's no way around that.

I find the Viggen to be one of the most versitile jets in game and somehow the whole system feels natural to me. The logic behind the nav system, weapons settings, radar, flight modes,... awesome!

On a side note: I drive up to the Härnösand region every year and on my way I pass Linköping where a Viggen is displayed next to the E4 highway... I always feel the urge to pull over, jump inside it and fly away

i7 8700K water cooled | GTX 1080ti water cooled | 16GB DDR4 3600 | 1TB M.2 | X56 Hotas | Acer VR HMD

To those of you who have paid for it already, please note that you supported bunyap and the campaign developers with that. This is a good thing, bunyap is a great guy and is worth to be supported, so he can bring us more great campaigns in the future.

That is perfectly alright and I just had to smirk because I literally bought the campaign a few weeks ago. Anyway: thanks for everything and the great and detailed information. I feel that is so important!

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

No hard feelings, but there has been a lot of teasing with pilot body and RAT. I just meant that when i actually see it then i believe its gonna come.

What I mean was that you should prolly load the game then, as they have been released with the last patch. :D Mind you, that RAT has missing textures until the hotfix comes out today.

(You need to be in open beta.)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

DCS AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• Fixed RAT clipping through intake
  • Fixed missing RAT textures
  • Fixed missing Pilot Oxygen hose
  • Fixed last sidewinder causing CTD

Heatblur Simulations

On a side note: I drive up to the Härnösand region every year and on my way I pass Linköping where a Viggen is displayed next to the E4 highway... I always feel the urge to pull over, jump inside it and fly away

You should also see one outside Gävle, the former F15 airbase (not the F15 Eagle :thumbup:)

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

I also wonder when we will see a map with a little bit of Sweden where the Viggen actually fits. To me it was a major disappointment when they announced that there actually never has been any development on the so called mini-map for the Viggen and that it is no longer in their plans. When I saw the images of these kneeboard maps two years ago I thought it was a hint and never imagined that they actually would cancel the mini-map completly. After waiting for like four years for it it is pretty sad to read that we can still keep dreaming for it together. I dont mind that I bought the Viggen during pre-order, but I have actually never flown it and most likely never will eventhough its my favorite aircraft.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Edited by Fisherman82

Getting the Red Flag i already bought a year ago instead of something brand new is slightly disappointing, but i'll get over it. Sometimes resources are spread to wide and thing and you gotta cut a deal.

Anyway, looking forward to the Viggen leaving EA next year, and i would like to encourage you to add an english cockpit. I use the modded version, but if an english pit became part of the official package without the fear of it breaking and maybe never to be fixed, that would put my mind at ease.

Getting the Red Flag i already bought a year ago instead of something brand new is slightly disappointing, but i'll get over it. Sometimes resources are spread to wide and thing and you gotta cut a deal.

We got the Wrath of Thunder campaign that is brand new with the update as well the Red Flag campaign.

Folks, I'm confused now.

Got me the Viggen yesterday and wanted to buy the campaign, too.

Now I just learned that it will come free with the Viggen, but I don't have it. I only see two campaigns. The Mjolnir Response and The Wrath Of Thunder. No Red Flag.

What am I doing wrong?

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup: