2018 Kickoff! Development Changelog

Cobra847

THANKS!

I bit disappointing that replay issue is not given priority this time.

Watching replay is important to me, both as entertainment and a learning tool.

Pretty sure, that's a general DCS issue which can't really be fixed untill ED entirely changes how replays work in this game.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Were these changes implemented in todays update?

I'm pretty sure they are.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm pretty sure they are.

I don't think so, for example the landing light still illuminates the cockpit.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Thanks, that's bad news :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

We pushed the changes in the changelog to be merged into the sim two days ago, but it's possible that the build was not pulled in time for the release candidate. :(

Us being late was mostly due to trying to solve some problematic lighting bugs.

We'll investigate and let you know what changes made it in!

We may make a hotfix available in the worst case.

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I would think so, too. Comparing the snapshots of this and prev version, very few files regarding the Viggen have changed. Basically, only "AJS37\dcs_manifest.x86_64" and "AJS37\Shapes\AKANM55.EDM".

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Did anyone try the auto-generated data cartridge yet? It hasnt been very thoroughly tested but I thought that it wouldnt matter much since if it doesnt work it wouldnt affect the game much anyway.

The new way of loading cartridges from a file is file that looks like this:

cartridgename = Custom cartridge test

[LS]
latitude = 41.60917
latitudeminutes = 0
latitudeseconds = 0
longitude = 41.60028
longitudeminutes = 0
longitudeseconds = 0
missiontime = 0
velocity = 0
etalocked = false
velocitylocked = false
istargetpoint = false

[b1]
latitude = 41.93028
latitudeminutes = 0
latitudeseconds = 0
longitude = 41.86528
longitudeminutes = 0
longitudeseconds = 0
missiontime = 0
velocity = 0
etalocked = false
velocitylocked = false
istargetpoint = false

[b2]
latitude = 42
latitudeminutes = 0
latitudeseconds = 0
longitude = 42
longitudeminutes = 0
longitudeseconds = 0
missiontime = 0
velocity = 272
etalocked = false
velocitylocked = true
istargetpoint = false

[b3]
latitude = 42
latitudeminutes = 55
latitudeseconds = 55
longitude = 42
longitudeminutes = 55
longitudeseconds = 55
missiontime = 0
velocity = 0
etalocked = false
velocitylocked = false
istargetpoint = false

[L1]
latitude = 42.17750
latitudeminutes = 0
latitudeseconds = 0
longitude = 42.48194
longitudeminutes = 0
longitudeseconds = 0
missiontime = 0
velocity = 0
etalocked = false
velocitylocked = false
istargetpoint = false

The file should be named CustomCartridge.ini and be saved in %SAVEDGAMES%/DCS_AJS37/. The files is loaded every 10 seconds so you dont need to respawn to reload it.

The ELINT-export is only exported if the folder %SAVEDGAMES%/DCS_AJS37/ exists and is called ELINTData.info and is the same info you would see in the kneeboard.

Both of these files is of course meant to be used with a external planning application.

• Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Pretty sure, that's a general DCS issue which can't really be fixed untill ED entirely changes how replays work in this game.

Wrong.

My most other used aircraft Mirage and Mustang have no issues in replay.

And I always watch the replay after a flight.

Spitfire did have crash after a couple of minutes flight, but seems OK now. F-5 and other aircraft seems OK, but have just logged a few hours of flight

Viggen - if lucky - may barely survive a takeoff, before hitting the dirt. But usually it is stuck in the grass after a minute taxiing.

No doubt an awkward way to make replay with flight control deflections, but other manufactures did something right.

:pilotfly:

Yeah the problem is probably because I used std::rand with a new seed for random events instead of using EDs random-generator that would probably provide the same sequence-result in the replay. It’s on my to-do list to change the code.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Yeah the problem is probably because I used std::rand with a new seed for random events instead of using EDs random-generator that would probably provide the same sequence-result in the replay. It’s on my to-do list to change the code.

That would be great. I think working replays would probably also increase the number of Viggen videos that are being produced.

Unless i'm mistaken, the kneeboard needs fixing too. I get blank pages on 1.5 and my custom kneeboard pages do not show, regardless of where i install them.

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

Did anyone try the auto-generated data cartridge yet? It hasnt been very thoroughly tested but I thought that it wouldnt matter much since if it doesnt work it wouldnt affect the game much anyway.

The file should be named CustomCartridge.ini and be saved in %SAVEDGAMES%/DCS_AJS37/. The files is loaded every 10 seconds so you dont need to respawn to reload it.

The ELINT-export is only exported if the folder %SAVEDGAMES%/DCS_AJS37/ exists and is called ELINTData.info and is the same info you would see in the kneeboard.

Both of these files is of course meant to be used with a external planning application.

I could not get this to work in either 1.5.8 or 2.2 ... what is the procedure beside editing files?

Also a question, if it reloads every 10 seconds, does this mean if I add/edit WPT will it be overwriten in this reloading cycle?

This is would only work in DCS 2.2 as it is included with Friday’s update. Once you loaded the cartridge it won’t change until you load it again even if you edit the files. It is shown in this video around 1:00min mark how to select and load a different data cartridge:

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

That would be great. I think working replays would probably also increase the number of Viggen videos that are being produced.

Said and done. Will try to verify if track replay fidelity actually improve. I’ll expect it to not be perfect still as there are probably other issues but maybe 80% improvement...

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

This is would only work in DCS 2.2 as it is included with Friday’s update. Once you loaded the cartridge it won’t change until you load it again even if you edit the files. It is shown in this video around 1:00min mark how to select and load a different data cartridge:

For me, there is no folder with this name ... should I create it ???

Edited by edineygomes

For some reason, selecting any cartridge above 0, always returns empty flightplan (zeros at B#).

Also elint file was not created.

I have %SAVEDGAMES%/DCS_AJS37/ folder and in it I had created CustomCartridge.ini in format as is your, RagnarDa, post except with coordinates for nevada.

p.s. i have 2.2.0.12843.297

For some reason, selecting any cartridge above 0, always returns empty flightplan (zeros at B#).

Also elint file was not created.

I have %SAVEDGAMES%/DCS_AJS37/ folder and in it I had created CustomCartridge.ini in format as is your, RagnarDa, post except with coordinates for nevada.

p.s. i have 2.2.0.12843.297

Hmm... If you cycle to cartridge nr 7 does the name of the cartridge as specified in CustomCartridge.ini show up? Is there any info in the dcs.log? Sorry if it doesnt work, just got it done days before the 2.2 update and nobody else had time to QA it... :(

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Hmm... If you cycle to cartridge nr 7 does the name of the cartridge as specified in CustomCartridge.ini show up? Is there any info in the dcs.log? Sorry if it doesnt work, just got it done days before the 2.2 update and nobody else had time to QA it... :(

Nothing worked for me here.

Only shows up to cartridge 5 but none of them have waypoints

No, even name does not show up... and no biggie for this hiccup. We see you are working hard on making viggen better :)

I have attached log if it helps

dcs.zip