Viggen wish list

Delta59R

If any of these Items are unrealistic then disregard. Thanks!

- rb74 with "all aspect" capabilities

- rb74 allowed on outer pylon

- CM pod and or gun pod allowed on center pylon

- fix "turbo mode" glitch after shooting off 6 rb24js

- more and or fictional liveries added

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

Rb 74 all aspect might be a ED issue (or is that rule that they do all missiles out the door?)

Outer pylon doesn't have the cooling system needed but I'm all for options for others despite I rarely use that station at all flying more in AJ 37 era style (can we have AIM-4C ingame?).

Center pylon is wet only and at best it can ferry a Rb04 (no wires to play with live ordnance) but again, I'm all for options so go ahead :)

More livieries are always welcomed, even pink ones, but most I'd like the current set to accept editor assigned bort numbers.

While at it I'd like to add U22 ability to play noise jammer when mode in "E" (not sure F/G/H/J/K band is doable in DCS).

Target tracking heading/speed in SPA mode would be nice.

Oh, and please restore the Rb 05 flare intensity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It seems that on the outer pylon the aj37 can only carries rb28(aim4 falcon infrared variant) But I think it is acceptable to use rb24(aim 9b) to replace it.

The main problem is that the rb24(aim9b) is far more capable than the aim9b on the f5e, the rb24 has like 2 times locking range comparing to aim9b on f5e, which can be a little bit wired. It is not a serious problem though, because no one use rb24 on ajs37. I found this when I was doing a test on all infrared missiles in DCS.

Another thing is the wind correction, especially for bk90. The wind correction is much better now. it works well for 120kg bombs, because they are deployed in a long line. the things are a little bit off for arak rocket when you got a crosswind, but I assume is ok because it is basically a 70s system. However, the things are really off when it comes to bk90s, the dispensers can fly right above the target, but the munitions are heavily affected by the crosswind-----on a heavy crosswind day, even the wide deploy mode(922000) can completely miss the target. I guest it is reasonable that a 90s dispenser have some wind correction capabity?

The thrid thing is about the illumination bombs. It is an aged topic and has been talked for eons

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194322

Bascially it is a problem about the release pattern of illumination bombs. On the manual the bombs should form a pattern like this:

o o o o

o o o o

However, in the game it looks like this:

o

o

o

o

And it heavily damages the effect of illumination bombs because in this parttern, the bombs cannot shine a large area, and the worse thing is that the first several bombs may deploy parachutes(slowing down) too late: crash on the land just several seconds after illuminating and slowing down.(Also no parachute animations)

Last, no need to say, rb75.

A whole month after the Tomcat release, any news for the viggen now?

For me I'd like them to improve the graphics of the Rb-75 up to a similar standard to ED's new AGM-65 series, the Viggen's Mavericks are an eyesore in comparison, far worse than the other weapons available to the Viggen.

Secondly the Bk 90 and the ARAK pods still clip the main undercarriage doors when mounted on the inner pylons (3 and 5 I think). I'm also pretty sure when mounted on the inner pylons the Bk 90's control surfaces clips the external fuel tank (or at least looks like when it's released it will hit the tank).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191127 I posted this not a heck of lot less than 2 years ago and so far nothing has changed :(

Then they're things like the RAT and folding vertical stabiliser.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The rb75 image maybe reasonable considering it is agm65a, a really early version of maverick. Also, you need to properly tune the color inversion, the bright and the contrast to improve the visibility. After tuning, I think the it is possible to distinguish the truck size target on clear weather.

BTW, you actually dont need to see the target, the currently MAGIC rb75 basically can lock target 10nm away.lol.

• 9 months later...

Thats a lot of bugs ! Flying the Viggen since two weeks ... Pretty disapointed actually, bugs, texture errors, broken systems, etc.

No working position and landing lights

Can stick my head through canopy glass with TrackIR

No audible master select switching when bound to a Hotas

No radar elevation axis, many control bindings missing !

No Maverick contrast and brightness dials visual in cockpit, Maverick brightness binding wrong, decrease is increase and the other way arround

Sound loop in cockpit, clickable / foldable mirrors

Etc, etc ...

Still stunned by the detail of the F 14, the 37 lacks a lot of love ATM.