What is your predilection aircraft...? The only one.

Frag

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viggen!

Might change when the Tomcat arrives.

Will definitely change if the Tornado arrives.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The initial and first release of the Ka-50 was the most complex chopper and nothing has surpassed it in god knows how many years!

There are choppers like the MI-8 that are far more complex, starting her up and managing her systems are truly complex. she is a truly superb model.

the UH-1 is also fascinating.

The Chopper is a capable manoeuvrable hunter that carries precise guided weapons!... it is in essence, a superb delivery system.

The gazelle is the ultimate tutor of what hard work is required to bring accurate weapon to bear in amongst tight city buildings!

The KA-50 is king in DCS as it needs massive pit management, global management, threat management and target management...... there is nothing else that matches this machine!

KA-50 all the way!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Last edited by Frag; 02-01-2019 at 06:37 PM.

you sir edited your mian message and caused me a deleted and rap on the knuckles for my response....

when I read it I saw "What is your prediction aircraft...? The only one."

So now I pick the KA-50!!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Viper doesnt carry less than the Bug. where the F18 is limited to 2 bombs per pylon via Br33 addon rack. the Viper can carry 3 500 pound bombs ( either unguided or Laser guided) with addon racks, and even has a configuration for x3 Mavericks'. per rack. for the inner and intermediate hard points however draggy that may be.

Wheras the Hornet will either have to sacrifice its fuselage external tank to carry Litening (USMC config) or sacrifice an Aim120 or Sparrow from cheek station when using Atflir ( USN config), the Viper caries TGP on separate hard point near the nose . Meaning that even in Ground strike config youl always have 4 A2A stores available as well as utilize belly external tank. Wingtips aren't limited to Sidewinders, the viper can carry AMRAAMs there too.

THe F-16 is limited to 6 a2a missiles, 6 amraams, or 6 aim-9, or whatever combination of both and a maximum of two aim-7.. although you'd probably want the amraam.

The Hornet last I checked can carry a total of 10 Aim-120 when setup strictly for a2a

I mean.. I wasn't completely right but I"m not completely wrong either. Either aircraft is formidable no matter how you look at it. Bug's still going to be my champion as soona s we get data link...until the viper is developed in DCS. :)

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

THe F-16 is limited to 6 a2a missiles, 6 amraams, or 6 aim-9, or whatever combination of both and a maximum of two aim-7.. although you'd probably want the amraam.

The Hornet last I checked can carry a total of 10 Aim-120 when setup strictly for a2a

I mean.. I wasn't completely right but I"m not completely wrong either. Either aircraft is formidable no matter how you look at it. Bug's still going to be my champion as soona s we get data link...until the viper is developed in DCS. :)

i was stating in A/G setup ( ordinance in particular) ..... not in a pure A2A setup which in fact the Hornet does carry less, and in such config is more limted than the Viper in what A2A missiles it carries ,so please don't twist what i said. Based on your statement its obvious you meant A/G stores not A2A

I don't fly it in MP yet, but once as she gets closer to being feature complete I see myself spending a lot of time in the Bug, and will likely spend a lot of time in the F-16CJ when we get it.

The bug just has all the delivery methods you can want, The viper will carry less, but also will have all the delivery methods you can want.

But this question is impossible, the Tomcat and the JF-17 are going to get some love from this virtual flyboy too.

But once we get the data link in the Hornet it's probably where I'm going to be spending most of my time when I have the vr headset on, at least until we get the F-16CJ

Because " delivery modes" people certainly mean A/G.

Besides clarifying earlier in qunatity of bombs, in terms of max weight carry #'s thats 17,000 lbs max weight in external store vs the 13,700 lbs of max weight of stores of the legacy. Only the super Hornet exceeds what the Viper carries.

Although the capability is there in reality the dual ammram racks utilized to maximum capacity have never really been used operationally in USN /USMC Hornets. Quite a bit of drag and very degraded performance in aerial combat especially since the racks can't be jettisoned.

To quote from the horses mouth

I've been in the Navy for almost 20 years and I have seen a maximum air to air load out of 12 AAM's for legacy Hornets and 14 AAM's for Supers a grand total of zero times. Alerts are usually stood with three to seven missiles depending on the perceived threat for the region. Can the maximum load out be done? Yes. Will you normally see something like that? No.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

i was stating in A/G setup ( ordinance in particular) ..... not in a pure A2A setup which in fact the Hornet does carry less, and in such config is more limted than the Viper in what A2A missiles it carries ,so please don't twist what i said. Based on your statement its obvious you meant A/G stores not A2A

Because " delivery modes" people certainly mean A/G.

Besides clarifying earlier in qunatity of bombs, in terms of max weight carry #'s thats 17,000 lbs max weight in external store vs the 13,700 lbs of max weight of stores of the legacy. Only the super Hornet exceeds what the Viper carries.

Although the capability is there in reality the dual ammram racks utilized to maximum capacity have never really been used operationally in USN /USMC Hornets. Quite a bit of drag and very degraded performance in aerial combat especially since the racks can't be jettisoned.

To quote from the horses mouth

In commenting on my own statements at what point did I twist your words rather than attempt to explain myself and admit I might have been wrong? I think maybe you're twisting my words. And you're going to tell me what I meant are you?

So, when I went to http://www.f-16.net and looked up the pylon arrangement for the F-16 (after your response to my first post in the thread) for a total of 6 a2a missiles and aim-9 and aim-120 showed 1 and 9, 8 and 2, 7 and 3 and the sparrow being limited to 3 and 7 was I missing that there might be dual racks for 8/2 and 3/7 as well for the F-16? I could be missing that factor and would again stand corrected if so, but thats where my comment came from. Not your words. Also.. based on what we can do in DCS, which I mean.. I'm just going based off the memory of fully loading my hornet with spamraams using dual racks shortly after they were implemented in the hornet, maybe it's 12 not 10? Again.. could be wrong. My bad?

Frankly, I readily admit to not knowing all there is to know about pylon arrangement for both aircraft by memory. One isn't in the game yet, and the other has features to come and I'm a hand's on kind of guy. But I'm pretty sure air to air is a delivery method, I'm pretty sure air to ground is a delivery method, as well as being pretty sure surface to air is a delivery method for explosive ordinance. In the same post you bolded one setence from, I also said I'm waiting to fly my beloved in MP, in the next stated I'm waiting the data link.. which comes with working IFF and all kinds of information to help me fling a buttload of aim-120. You notice I didn't say I'm waiting for the TGP, or I'm waiting for ground radar. Once I get that data link you wont be able to get me out of the cockpit.

So, I don't know. In others terms I already said "Yep.. there's room for error there, you're probably right but i can still carry a bunch of spamraams". I concede. "The Viper carries less" was an erroneous statement.. except when it comes to spamraams, which you're welcome to correct me there if I'm wrong if you'd like. I'm really not all that concerned about having been wrong as you seem to be about being right.

Vampyre's quote doesn't take away that the capability is there within DCS World either at this point in time. Would it cause a twitch in your eye if I told you I abuse the paddle switch to disable the g-limiter in non-combat scenarios within the simulator?

I'm less concerned about having made an erroneous statement than some accusation of twisting someone elses words like I'm supposed to be caught in some lie rather than having made a simple mistake. If you'd like, you can continue to try and educate me in PM's.. but I think we're off scope from the topic of this thread, and I'm cool with leaving it here as a simple misunderstanding rather than entertain an attack of my character or continue to derail this thread.

- So what aircraft in DCS will you always come home to? *nudge nudge.. you know..the topic*

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

F/A-18 also for me, followed very closely by the Harrier!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

My vote goes to Viggen in that case.

Although I will really miss the L-39, so maybe I'll change my mind...

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

The only aircraft I will choose is the Christen Eagle II. No body shoots an unarmed civilian.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

The only aircraft I will choose is the Christen Eagle II. No body shoots an unarmed civilian.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Given there are some players within this community that wished for a feature to be able to kill parachuting pilots, then don't be surprised if some one does actually shoot you down in an unarmed civilian plane like the CE 2.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD