How to trigger music?

Shadoware

You can do this already, but the music has to be built into the mission. Convert your music file to ogg format, then in the ME set your trigger to Play Sound (and select the music file).

Just fair warning that if you do this for a multiplayer mission, the resultant size of the mission is likely to make for long client load times.

I was thinking about a simple music player with some pre-built triggers like:

- Aircraft take off

- Enemies a certain range.

- Somebody use a weapon

- First aircraft splash

- Last enemy aircraft splash.

- You enter a certaing range to a ground target.

It would be cool.

Thanks anyway!

Create a trigger zone by clicking the small circle with the x in it in mission editor left side.

adjust the size and place it where you want or refer to a time, speed altitude where it can happen. There are lots of options.

Create a trigger using the switch looking diagram in the mission editor left side.

I use Audacity (free) to convert mp3s into ogg files and adjust the quality to make it smaller and adjust the length and volume and such.

Pick the ogg file to send the sound at a trigger point. You can play at mission start or in a wide range of triggers.

It saves into the mission.

As has been said, watch the size. Refer to the pic attached.

sound.thumb.jpg.1e9a8a124cb3fc2eb61e982f550e67fc.jpg

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth