Someone help how to GBU

tebsu

I have a JTAC with a laser on the target. I have my F14 on a carrier nearby and want to bomb that target with GBU-10. I play multiplayer, so i cannot switch to the RIO seat. Can someone post a step by step tutorial, how i can destroy that target? What buttons do i have to click and so on? I was watching a lot of 20min videos and all of them use the RIO seat which i cant in multiplayer. Also how do i release GBUs? When i select A/G mode and then click fire, it just fires the guns. Well, i think a step by step tutorial would help me fix that problem too :)

Thanks

Edited by tebsu

1. While still on a carrier look at the kneeboard and set the laser code accordingly.

2. Before the bombing run make Jester select proper bombs for you.

3. Select A/G mode and set Master Arm ON

4. You release the bomb as usual by pressing "Weapon release" not the gun trigger ("Fire weapon").

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

You need to set the correct laser code for your bombs which you have to do on the ground through the kneeboard. There's a special page in the kneeboard where you can set it.

Apart from that there is nothing different to dumb iron bombs. Just drop them on the target.

Edit: Sniped

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Okay but will Jester select the target automatically when i am near one target that is marked by a laser? Because id like to do CCIP

If you're doing CCIP then there is no target to be selected. You get a pipper on the HUD that tells you where the bomb will land if you release it now. You need to bring that pipper over the target and release the bomb. It works exactly like dropping dumb bombs.

It is recommended though to drop LGBs in CCRP as you can then drop them from higher altitude without having to dive down.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

hmm okay but how do i let any ground targets pop up in the HUD? I have so far only flown the A10 and the procedure is that JTAC is lazing a target, i get it on my MFD and can select it there. Then i can fly towards it and it will show up in the HUD.

Jester has no way to track laser spots right now. Hopefully in the future he'll be able to do it using LANTIRN. You'll need to know where the target is so you can drop on it using CCIP. You can get the target location via coordinates from JTAC (and creating an F10 map marker and loading it as a Waypoint via Jester), or by smoke or some other mark like that.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

hmm okay but how do i let any ground targets pop up in the HUD? I have so far only flown the A10 and the procedure is that JTAC is lazing a target, i get it on my MFD and can select it there. Then i can fly towards it and it will show up in the HUD.

Uhm, that sounds like you're using the LSS (Laser Spot Search) function of the A-10Cs TGP? Is that so? Or what exactly do you mean when you say you get the target on the MFD?

The Tomcat has no way to acquire a Laser, so you have to rely on other methods of "talk-on" by the JTAC (e.g. coordinates, smoke marker, IR marker).

Tornado3 small.jpg

Jester has no way to track laser spots right now. Hopefully in the future he'll be able to do it using LANTIRN.

The LANTIRN doesn't have a LSS function. Not even a human RIO can do that.

Tornado3 small.jpg

ok that answers the question. Yes i mean the LSS function. I thought that would somehow be possible. I go the GBUs out by now.. its just always landing at the same place, about 50m far away from the target. Really weird

ok that answers the question. Yes i mean the LSS function. I thought that would somehow be possible. I go the GBUs out by now.. its just always landing at the same place, about 50m far away from the target. Really weird

Was your aiming always the same? If so, it sounds like the bomb is not picking up the laser.

Is this a self-made mission? If so, I would recommend to temporarily replace the Tomcat with the A-10C and check if you can pick up the laser with the A-10Cs LSS function. If not, then there's something wrong with the JTAC. If you can pick up the laser with the A-10C, then we need to take a thorough look at your bomb dropping procedure with the Tomcat.

Tornado3 small.jpg