Forrestal plans for multiplayer?

FoxTwo

Will the Forrestal be available to use on maps in multiplayer for folks who don't have the F-14?

Given the news from ED about the Nimitz module, Heatblur is the only hope for reasonable functional carrier multiplayer ops.

Not asking for a handout here (just so we're clear, I already bought an F-14 two pack), it'd just be nice to have a carrier with ATC that works and a working deck crew.

Thanks.

Sorry, could you link to the news about the Nimitz, please? I'm unaware of anything being announced recently.

Thanks!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

The upcoming Nimitz DLC will prevent players who don't have it from joining servers that use it. It's basically the assets pack debacle all over again and ED hasn't learned their lesson of "don't split the community". Some people are also complaining about the new carrier comms and LSO grading (which will be part of the DLC) being stuck behind a paywall, but that's a negligible issue.

Dem greedy mo's..

Will they try and capitalize on everything?!?

I can understand their buissness POV, but really?

But locking base features is just annoying... What's next? DLC for taxiways?!?

It is in their best interest to make awesome carrier OPS to sell carrier born aircraft! Not the boat...

Yes the Forrestal will be available for everyone. Currently we cannot give an estimate on when yet, but it should not be too long. Our apologies for the vague answer.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Yes the Forrestal will be available for everyone. Currently we cannot give an estimate on when yet, but it should not be too long. Our apologies for the vague answer.

Does that mean, that it will be a free and independend asset? Meaning you won't have to buy it or the Tomcat in order to have it?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks man. You guys rock.

I would like to add though, that at this moment we are not sure what exact features it will include. We have yet to see what is all possible with it, so please keep your expectations to a minimum. Rest assured that as always we will strive for an immersive experience.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I would like to add though, that at this moment we are not sure what exact features it will include. We have yet to see what is all possible with it, so please keep your expectations to a minimum. Rest assured that as always we will strive for an immersive experience.

If it's fully textured, the correct scale, and I can land on it and hook up to a catapult without requiring an F2 view, you're already beating the pants off the Stennis.

Not expecting the planned Nimitz module fidelity/quality. But I understand your wanting to temper expectations.

If it's fully textured, the correct scale, and I can land on it and hook up to a catapult without requiring an F2 view, you're already beating the pants off the Stennis.

Not expecting the planned Nimitz module fidelity/quality. But I understand your wanting to temper expectations.

and true ATC pls.

all navy 500x100.jpg

and true ATC pls.

The ATC you should prepare yourself for is the ATC you get currently at land bases and the basic-functionality carriers. That's the state of ATC in the base game. There's no reason to expect better just because another team is developing a paid improvement on ATC among other functions associated with carrier operations.

There's a lot of work going in to ED's carrier ops effort, that's why they're charging for it. I could see some very, very slight chance that owning ED's carrier ops module might allow Heatblur to kind of jerry-rig that functionality in to their Forrestal (if ED was super cool and the stars aligned just right), but what's absolutely clear is that we're not going to get anywhere near the level of that functionality for free.