Maple Flag Missions - Advanced Flight Training Qualification

okay ... you gonna laugh on me ^ )...

but ive been rolling through all of the parkings and waiting for captain phrase "you have two minutes..." or so...

according youtube guide.

and i did one more attempt

... I just had to shut down ... and that`s it. sorry )) and thank you ))

At night aar is extremly difficult to spot tanker he`s totally inivisible - nav light appears only when you get less than 0.5 nm ... the only way find is gettin above him to see on a bright clouds

anyway i passed it... )))

Edited by di_

Exactly as Sabre said...use the NVGs its pretty much impossible without - you can see the tanker silhouted below you against the cloud...but once he's above you...Invisible!

ED really needs to look at night lighting!!!

Mess about with the Gain on your NVGs till you can see the Tanker and the HUD comfortably!

Airbag_signatur.png

• 3 weeks later...

As BonzoDCS said, you need to be judicious with your weapons.

Try and kill the targets with a single rocket (it takes practice but can be done).

A quick 3 second burst from the gun will usually kill most targets as well (provided you are on target and not jerking the stick when you shoot). A slow trigger pull can help ensure you stay on target.

Practice makes perfect but if you just want to kill everything quickly then you could change the loadout to something less realistic but then you are not passing the scenario as intended.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 2 weeks later...
WelL ive been trying to pass mission with gun and rockets. seems impossible - to much targets and not enough time to get them all.

is there any trick?

Okay, I feel myself stupid little bit ))

Finally I realize that I had to kill only marked with smoke. But I thought all bunch of units related to this :megalol:

Now i see)) thanks ! Almost done with AFT

By the way how to get "10 Practice Missions" where are they ?

Glad you got that figured out!

To play the practice missions open the Mission Editor and point the file browser at the folder that contains the campaign files.

Typically it's this:

<your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\campaigns\A-10C AAT

You can choose the practice missions or play the campaign missions again.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 1 month later...

First mission AAR day

Hey guys,

I've just had a go at the first mission and just before DCS cts'd I noticed, that even though I have TACAN set to 5X and A/A rec, I only get direction, not range. I was still a couple of miles out from the tanker and it looked like there was chicks in tow, in which case I believe the FE said to stay 1NM out. This however is difficult to do if I can't get a distance on the TACAN.

Does anybody have a solution to this?

If you have TACAN in Rec mode you'll only get bearing information (Transmit/receive needed to get range information)

You're supposed to change to Rec once you have visual so other aircraft can get ranging information

Thanks, that exactly was the problem