Integrated Air Defense Script

Grimes

Yes its possible, but the AI types are pretty basic.

1 is supposed to be like default behavior but it changes how and when AI will lock onto you.

2 is pure randomization so its really hit and miss

3 and 4 are the settings that actually make it an IADS network. The behavior is mostly the same between the two with a few probabilities of certain behavior modified. Also I believe level 4 allows mobile AI to relocate after shooting targets.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks :thumbup: I was planning to use AI types 3 & 4 for various types of AA system. Thanks for creating this script and taking the time to educate us lua n00bs :beer:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

• 1 month later...

The script only has control over sams you tell it can control. This is done either by iads.addAllByPrefix() or iads.add().

iads.addAllByPrefix works by searching all groups names in the mission file to see if they contain certain text. For example in a mission I named all sam site groups "r_sam_XYZ" with XYZ being just a number. I can use the function like this:

iads.addAllByPrefix('sam')

and it will add all groups with the word "sam" in it for the script to have control over. It will automatically split the sams into "networks" associated with each coalition.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Grimes,

Love this script, certainly makes setting up air defense networks a lot more effective in regards to incoming enemy flights, as well as incursion flights into hostile territory. You definitely have to plan for the unexpected:)

Unfortunately, I am getting the exact same error as the post by the individual above in 1.5 as well. Any chance you will be correcting this when you have the time to do so?

The sample mission is not made for 1.5 and its running a super old version of mist. Just download the newest version of mist and put it in a "Do Script File" command just before the mission runs the IADScript file. Simple as that. I will update the mission when I have the time.

Game crashes at line 2486:
iadData = iads.getByName(Group.getName(Unit.getGroup(event.initiator)))

One of the best scripts! Please update it! :thumbup:

In multiplayer?

Most likely it was due to the known bug "Client groups not accessible in multiplayer" as the error is from an event handler that didn't completely filter out player aircraft. I made a small change that should prevent it from creating an error, check the first post in thread for a new version. I also updated the sample mission because it was super old.

For the time being I'll only do minor fixes on the script until I have the time to do a larger overhaul that I've been needing to do for awhile. I simply have another mission scripting project that takes priority at the moment.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amazing this script has lasted the test of time. I'm using it in multiplayer and it's proving really fun to watch their wee faces when the SAM's blink on and off. And the surprise element is the most important part of realistic multiplatyer. Thanks again Grimes.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 1 month later...

Don't know if I'm missing something, but the scripts does not seem to have any effect on SAM emissions, they still show up in the RWR & can be targeted by ARMs.

I set up this simple demo where I can pass goDark via radio menu, debug message claims they're all dark but they're still radiating.

Is this working as intended, has ED changed something to dick it over or is something broken on my end?

IADS_TEST.miz

Considering I haven't updated the script in a while, I won't be shocked if some stuff isn't working as intended. To my knowledge ED didn't change any of the functionality that I used to toggle radar on and off, it could very well be a bug.

Alright, so I think I'm ready to conclude that the issue is with the sim. The ALARM STATE function does not effect radar emissions except for certain vehicles, basically all the self contained systems plus the SA-6.

So I think it's best to leave the other systems out of my networks or they'll end up being toothless ARM fodder & build mine around an EWR with the kub & short range systems interspersed. Hope my buddies like SA-15s popping up well within their comfort zone...

no plan to fix it?

Aside for checking for scripting engine bugs that effect more than just this script, and minor tweaks that may be required I have no immediate plans to fix it. Current priority is slmod. After that its a tossup between crazy mission idea and side project related to crazy mission idea. And I haven't really decided whether or not I should implement this script into said crazy mission idea.