HUD colour and visibility

Raven_Morpheus

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to change the colour of the HUD and/or the brightness or scale of it's text?
Go to controls, choose module, choose search from dropdown list, type in HUD, there you go.

Also zoom in since you have relatively small monitor.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Several modules have HUD brightness settings, but it's likely to differ from module to module. For example, some modules even have specific day/night settings (I know for a fact that there is a specific day/night switch in the Harrier, for example, since it has to be set to night in order to display NAVFLIR imagery on the HUD). The MiG-21 definitely has brightness dials for both the background "netting" and the pipper. I don't know about the other modules, but I eould be shocked if they didn't have such a setting somewhere. If there's not an in-cockpit clickable/twistable setting (usually on the center console directly below the HUD), then Draconus's suggestion is probably the best idea.

In terms of changing color, I would think that might need a separate mod of some sort, as I think I've seen downloadable user files to make HUDs look "more realistic" in various ways.

As it has been said,

the modules differ in having settings. But you can change color and size in the corresponding .lua file.

It depends which modul you are using.

I changed the much too light green in the A10C to black and increased the size too.

Do a forum search for the way how to do.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet