F/A 18 Early Access

chaser199

It being July 22 2018, is this module still in early access and can you land on carriers?

Win10 64bit Intel Core i7 5930 3.5GZ /GA-X99-UD3-/HX1000W PS/32GB DDR4 2400MHz 1080 FE 8Gig 1TB-SSD-/ 2TB HDD-TM WH-TM MFD's- Combat Pro Pedals-Oculus Rift CV1

Agree with Slap Stick's comments

The Hornet currently has ICLS ( Instrumental Carrier Landing System), so both Case 1 (daylight, good visibility) and Case 3 (night, poor visibility) landing can be successfully flown. The Hornet is soooo complex, and, there are soooo very many systems and armaments to implement, that it will probably be in early access mode (and actively be being changed, added to, improved by ED) for months to come.

It’s currently not complex compared to that other (sim). But it will get better and more complex as they complete the sim with the remaining weapons/avionics systems.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

F/A 18 Early Access

Is the manual being updated when new systems are added, on are we on our own to find answers in the forums? Not complaining, just wondering how this is going to unfold...

They will probably release an updated manual after a significant amount of updates. Currently the first early access manual has not been updated.

But there is another manual by Chuck that has been updated once I think since early access.

(http://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/)

There are also a couple of video tutorials on weapon updates by Wags and other fan made video tutorials on YouTube. I mostly watch the video tutorials and reference key words / topics in the manual if need be.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Is the manual being updated when new systems are added, on are we on our own to find answers in the forums? Not complaining, just wondering how this is going to unfold...

Early access manual last updated 4 July

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Hopefully they add ACLS as well.

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR