No steering cues for manually input waypoint (when AV-8B starts with no waypoints)

Home Fries

There is a bug with the Harrier where if the client aircraft is spawned without a waypoint in the mission editor, then you do not get steering cues to any manually added waypoints. Even if you enter multiple waypoints, all you get is a flashing course arrow that always points north.

There is a workaround in setting a mark point before manually entering a waypoint, and if you assign a single waypoint in a mission there is no problem. However, this does need to be fixed.

To duplicate:

1. Create a mission, and add a client Harrier with no waypoints.
  2. Perform startup (if required).
  3. Manually add a waypoint

At this point, you will see the flashing cue on the EHSD that always points north.

There is a bug with the Harrier where if the client aircraft is spawned without a waypoint in the mission editor, then you do not get steering cues to any manually added waypoints. Even if you enter multiple waypoints, all you get is a flashing course arrow that always points north.

There is a workaround in setting a mark point before manually entering a waypoint, and if you assign a single waypoint in a mission there is no problem. However, this does need to be fixed.

To duplicate:

1. Create a mission, and add a client Harrier with no waypoints.
  2. Perform startup (if required).
  3. Manually add a waypoint

At this point, you will see the flashing cue on the EHSD that always points north.

Create a mark point before you create your first waypoint

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Create a mark point before you create your first waypoint

He states the mark point creation requirement in his post.

I'm pretty sure the point is that you should not have to create a mark point to be able to create valid waypoints, thus it is either a bug or a feature request. Personally I think of it as something that still needs to be implemented.

He states the mark point creation requirement in his post.

I'm pretty sure the point is that you should not have to create a mark point to be able to create valid waypoints, thus it is either a bug or a feature request. Personally I think of it as something that still needs to be implemented.

No, he says he starts, then adds waypoint. That won't work right now. You need to add a markpoint via the osbs on the bottom of the EHSD PRIOR to creating a waypoint or it won't work. It is a bug. It's been reported. But for now. That's how you make it work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

No, he says he starts, then adds waypoint. That won't work right now. You need to add a markpoint via the osbs on the bottom of the EHSD PRIOR to creating a waypoint or it won't work. It is a bug. It's been reported. But for now. That's how you make it work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You didn't read his post fully.

He states, "There is a workaround in setting a mark point before manually entering a waypoint, and if you assign a single waypoint in a mission there is no problem."

But yes, he was reporting the bug.