In-game F10 Oblique Map View

pdmarsh

That's weird.

You should provide some details. (mission/occurrence/hardware/…)

I always had the normal top view in OB.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

That is weird. Not tried the map in 1.5 yet, maybe this is new?

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

That's weird.

You should provide some details. (mission/occurrence/hardware/…)

I always had the normal top view in OB.

Thanks Bourrinopathe. I just assumed this was intentional. Here is more info:

System specs:

Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W CPU

GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-D3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-4GD GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X 450W Video Card

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R

Seagate Hybrid Drive ST2000DX001 2TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s NCQ 3.5" Desktop SSHD

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

The mission was just a simple one generated by the DCS utility. However, this oblique view occurs in every mission I have tried so far.

I run four monitors. Three are for the main view and the fourth is used for MFDs. When I use the in-game F10 map, it appears on the center monitor only (of the three that make up the main view). In DCS 1.0 it stretched across all four monitors. If I had a preference, I'd like the map to display across the three monitors that make up the main display. Same for the map view in mission editor.

If I can or should post any other information, please let me know what that is.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi

I have the same issue: @ 5760x1200 running with three single monitors (3 monitors in the options) the map draws at the middle one and is distorted. Running 5760x1200 as a singel screen (aka eyefinity) the map stretches over all three monitors and looks normal. Looks like the map is drawn for 5760 in my case, but squeezed in the middle monitor. Hope this helps...

Marcel

OK, I believe I have found the source of the issue along with a temporary workaround. In the code below you can see how I have my three main monitors set up in the lua file. In addition, the "UIMainView" has been defined as the "Center" viewport. This worked fine in DCSW 1.0, but the code is being interpreted differently in DCSW 1.5. The in-game F10 map view is being forced to fit into the center screen only, but at the higher resolution of 5282x1050 in my case. The view is not oblique as it appears, but is actually distorted as was noted in a post above (the clue I needed).

Viewports = 
{
    Left = 
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1760;
         height = 1050;
         viewDx = -1;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1760 / 1050;
    },

Center = 
    {
         x = 1760;
         y = 0;
         width = 1761;
         height = 1050;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1761 / 1050;
    },

Right = 
    {
         x = 1760 + 1761;
         y = 0;
         width = 1761;
         height = 1050;
         viewDx = 1;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1761 / 1050;
    }
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

If I change my monitor set up as shown below, both the sim view and F10 map view span all three monitors and the image is not distorted. The problem with this is that you lose the "viewDx/Dy" triple monitor compensation or correction. It really isn't a good final fix.

Viewports = 
{
    Center = 
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 5282;
         height = 1050;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 5282 / 1050;
    }
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

I have tried to use the original code and define the "UIMainView" as follows, but it doesn't work. If I can figure out how to properly define the "UIMainView," I think I might have this problem licked.

UIMainView = 
    {
    x = 0;
    y = 0;
    width = 5282;
    height = 1050;
    viewDx = 0;
    viewDy = 0;
    aspect = 5282 / 1050;
    }

I am very open to any suggestions on how to set up the UIMainView.

Thanks,

Paul

• 5 months later...

Almost there, pdmarsh. This worked for a triple screen setup in landscape mode:

UIs =
{
 SpanAll =
 {
	x = 0;
	y = 0;
	width = screen.width;
	height = screen.height;
	aspect = screen.aspect;
 }
}

UIMainView = UIs.SpanAll

It's not perfect, now the main screen is spread out over all 3 screens too. Oh well, this will have to do for now. Alternatively, one could fix the F10 lua code to use the correct aspect ratio.

Almost there, pdmarsh...

Hi coconut,

Thanks for the follow-up. I'll test your code and see how it goes. I'm hoping ED will ultimately fix this. It is a bug. When I first saw it I thought it was a new view.

Paul