[UH-1H] Forestry Operations - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #71
Justificus

Reputation power: 7
Justificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really nice

Eight Ball, will you be requiring mods for all your missions? I would love to give them a try but have abandoned using mods, between work, my personal life, and trying to stay on top of changes happening to the game, even though they are easy to implement (especially using JSGME) it just became more of a pain than an enjoyment to keep having to re-apply them after updates, re-installs, etc. No worries if you will, just curious. Thanks, and thanks for sharing your missions!

System Specs:
Spoiler:
ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 GT Super Gaming Modular Full Tower Computer Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37,
Justificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #72
Eight Ball

Reputation power: 49
Eight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to behold

I'll try to keep that in consideration, Justificus.

For some missions it shouldn't be a problem, you should be able to play them without mods, you'll probably just have a warning message telling you XYZ is missing.

Unfortunately, other mission will be unplayable without them.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #73
billybezeau

Reputation power: 1
billybezeau is on a distinguished road

Yes I will once they are done!!

I just started playing with lua files and I am trying to do something( which os probably impossible). So I thought you might be able to help me.

So every time I use a sling I am with the 100 foot one. I am wondering if theyre is a way to always have it hooked to the helicopter even with no loads on. So for example in your forestry mission, only cable going up and load on going down., Just like we do in the real thing!!
billybezeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #74
Eight Ball

Eight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to beholdEight Ball is a splendid one to behold

I honestly have no idea Billy, that would be a job for either a talented modder or ED themselves
Old 02-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #75
billybezeau

Reputation power: 1
billybezeau is on a distinguished road

that's what I thought too I have so many ideas for our civilin part of DCS which well never see happen since they're overloaded with the rest!

The thing I would like to see the most is a workable bambi bucket that can put out water.. Starting to look into modifying scripts and all but seriously doubt I will sucess!!

What we would need is dedicated civilian guys like swisscreation for X-plane!!

I will try to pick theyre curiosity about it!

here's there facebook if you don't know them: https://www.facebook.com/swisscreationsheli/?fref=ts
billybezeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #76
Justificus

Justificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight Ball View Post
I'll try to keep that in consideration, Justificus.

For some missions it shouldn't be a problem, you should be able to play them without mods, you'll probably just have a warning message telling you XYZ is missing.

Unfortunately, other mission will be unplayable without them.
Thanks for the reply and consideration, Eight Ball, but don't feel you have to change what you prefer to do just to accommodate me! I'll be checking them out this weekend to see what's up.

System Specs:
Spoiler:
ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 GT Super Gaming Modular Full Tower Computer Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37,
Old 02-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #77
Eight Ball

Well, I wont be designing mission just for you
But whenever possible I'll try to release a mod-free version.

It won't be the case of my next mission unfortunately, it will heavily rely on mods. If you change your mind about using mods and you're having difficulties to install them, feel free to contact me.

coming soon
Old 02-17-2017, 04:33 PM   #78
Justificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight Ball View Post
Well, I wont be designing mission just for you
LOL Fair enough.

Quote:
But whenever possible I'll try to release a mod-free version.

It won't be the case of my next mission unfortunately, it will heavily rely on mods. If you change your mind about using mods and you're having difficulties to install them, feel free to contact me.

coming soon
Thanks for the offer. I'm able to do mods just fine, it's just I've gotten lazy in my old age and aren't able to keep up with the changes as much and have tended to de-mod my games of late just to make life a little easier. May change somewhere down the line though. Again, thanks for making/sharing these mission with the community!

System Specs:
Spoiler:

Old 02-20-2017, 01:57 AM   #79
SnowTiger

Reputation power: 10
SnowTiger has a spectacular aura aboutSnowTiger has a spectacular aura aboutSnowTiger has a spectacular aura aboutSnowTiger has a spectacular aura aboutSnowTiger has a spectacular aura about
Default Possible Solution to Bambi Bucket scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybezeau View Post
The thing I would like to see the most is a workable bambi bucket that can put out water.. Starting to look into modifying scripts and all but seriously doubt I will sucess!!
First of all, I have only created a few missions .. and they all suck or just don't work anymore thanks to updates. So I am the LAST person to ask anything about Scripting or the ME in general.

However, you might be able to Simulate a Bambi Bucket situation using Flags and Zones (or better yet ... with creative scripting).
The Bucket itself would be easy enough to model. I'm sure someone will do it if you offer a couple dollars for their time.

So like any Cargo that you create in the ME, the Bucket aka Cargo can have a predetermined and pre-set Weight (or weight characteristics when in flight EG: There are missions where you pick up cargo ... but you never actually see anything hanging below the chopper).
Then (possibly) you could make a specific body of water (or portions thereof) a Zone (in ME) in which you have to be at a certain altitude and hover for "X" number of seconds at that altitude over said Zone, after which your Bucket/Cargo has "Z" amount of Additional Weight added to it.

If that sounds like it would suffice for your mission, I'll bet there are a few people in ED Forums that are smart enough to figure out how to make it work in ME with or without additional Scripting
To be honest I don't know if it's one or the other or Both can be used to create mission because I know NOTHING about scripting and only LITTLE about the ME and I haven't used it since DCS 1.2 !

Best of luck friend.
My apologies to anyone offended by me replying to a Mission Creation Question which would probably be better suited in a different Forum Thread.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:01 AM   #80
SnowTiger

Reputation power: 10
SnowTiger has a spectacular aura aboutSnowTiger has a spectacular aura aboutSnowTiger has a spectacular aura aboutSnowTiger has a spectacular aura aboutSnowTiger has a spectacular aura about

PS> Billbezeau

I highly recommend you view (and post) Mission Creation related questions in the "Mission Builder's Corner" forum. They have a ton of ME resources and it's where you will likely be able to find the available talent you need to help you out.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=210