Normandy Map Discussion - Page 122 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #1211
Captain Orso

Reputation power: 5
Captain Orso is a jewel in the roughCaptain Orso is a jewel in the roughCaptain Orso is a jewel in the roughCaptain Orso is a jewel in the roughCaptain Orso is a jewel in the roughCaptain Orso is a jewel in the rough

Come on ED!! Daddy needs to go down to the Pub for a pint!

Beautiful Map! Beyond all my expectations!

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 PM   #1212
9./JG27 DavidRed+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Well I expected more than just a blank texture, but certainly not nearly that detailed. If this is what ED calls "low detail", I will hapilly accept more such low detail maps!

Agree that little details like clothes or bicycles can indeed come later, but nobody said there are no other things to do while they add these. While part of the team might be fixing serious issues, other part can use that time to make the map look more pretty. Texture artists won't help you much with scripting ATC or defining runway directions or whatever, so why not to give
him / her something to do in the meantime?

Besides, ED surely wants to make good first impression, and with all those details, they sure as hell will! I mean, clothes lines in a flight sim? As a small kid, playing LHX, I always dreamed of a flight sim where I would be able to fly realistically modelled helicopters and planes in a lifelike environment, with things like trees, and garden toolsheds, and power lines that I could actually crash into... A dream I knew will never come true. Some 20 years later and guess what?

P.S. And my greatest dream was to fly a Mi-24 over that landscape, simulated with useless details like tyres deforming while parked, rotor blades drooping when not moving, or doors I can actually open. In other words, all the things current DCS modules normally do! And see which helicopter is currently developed by Belsimtek!

My personal life hasn't been exactly what I would like it to be during the last few years, but looking back at my childhood dreams and seeing them come true is somehow... satisfying. One of the many small things that make life seem more pleasurable. Thank you ED for that!
i know mate, and totally agree, and im not that naive to think that all they do is really hanging up laundry on the ropes its just, its looking really really good...so im hoping for a release as soon as possible, or at least by end of march, speaking Q1
9./JG27 DavidRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:50 PM   #1213
Thunderchiff

Reputation power: 4
Thunderchiff is on a distinguished road

Like everyone else has said, I have no words to describe it. It looks superb. I was expecting a less detailed coast in south England. Congratulations to the map developing team. Now release it!! lol
Thunderchiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #1214
klem

Reputation power: 7
klem is a jewel in the roughklem is a jewel in the roughklem is a jewel in the roughklem is a jewel in the roughklem is a jewel in the roughklem is a jewel in the rough

Wags,

any chance of a screenshot of Tangmere?

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 3.8GHz / 16Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / 2 x EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb SC SLi/ 256Gb & 128Gb SSDs/ 750W PSU
Windows 10 Home / 3 off 27" @ 1920 x 1080 plus 23" @ 1920 x 1080 below / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro/ MFG Crosswind pedals / CH CM
klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #1215
Alicatt

Reputation power: 11
Alicatt has a spectacular aura aboutAlicatt has a spectacular aura aboutAlicatt has a spectacular aura aboutAlicatt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Wags,

any chance of a screenshot of Tangmere?
Yeah would love to see that too, it's where my father was stationed during WW2. Now it has a very nice little museum, but last time I visited it the runways etc. were all gone.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #1216
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 21
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Today's news update mentioned Normandy on track to come out soon.
I am so looking forward to soon!
With all my DCS installs I may have to invest in a larger SSD here soon as well.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:57 PM   #1217
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 98
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicatt View Post
Yeah would love to see that too, it's where my father was stationed during WW2. Now it has a very nice little museum, but last time I visited it the runways etc. were all gone.
Realize that the Southern England airfields are not accurate, that is part of the "low detail" comments about it. They are just airfields to launch missions from, they happened to be in the location of those RAF bases.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #1218
Paradox

Reputation power: 8
Paradox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the rough

The detail certainly seems to be adequate for a low detail section
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #1219
Justificus

Reputation power: 8
Justificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really niceJustificus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
Today's news update mentioned Normandy on track to come out soon.
I am so looking forward to soon!
With all my DCS installs I may have to invest in a larger SSD here soon as well.
Whenever it actually hits the shelves for us to purchase it will be well worth it! Looking at those screen shots makes my jaw hit the floor! Much better than I was expecting (great job guys!!!) and even though I would like it in my hands yesterday I will patiently (as much as this old fart can muster...) wait for it to get in my grubby little hands.

System Specs:
Spoiler:
ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 GT Super Gaming Modular Full Tower Computer Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII Assets Pack,

Last edited by Justificus; 02-17-2017 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo...
Justificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #1220
zionid

Reputation power: 10
zionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nice

I just don't hope that ED in any way are swayed by the verbal and noisy whiners on offical channels. A lot of people are whining on not getting what they want. I hope ED realize that they are making a dream come true for so many with this. And once its out the door and up and running- it can only get better!
zionid is offline   Reply With Quote