[NO BUG] Bf109K-4 defect module? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-14-2017, 05:04 PM   #21
Buzzles

Reputation power: 12
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I can fly hands free with trim +1, little bit less without full fuel and ammo and such. Seems to be fine with me, only time its a little crazy is air starts before you get it tweaked to where you need it.
Is that with the MW50 tank empty too?

Just curious if the whole pitch up issue has just been badly explained, so people are using it by default in an unstable configuration.
For example the P-51D is right nightmare to fly if you brim it and use the rear tank, but there's a dedicated section in the manual about it.

Wonder if the K-4 just needs a couple of CoG diagrams and explanations...
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:15 PM   #22
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 91
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

I did two tests, one full load, 50% fuel, no ammo and no MW50. Trim was slightly different for each, like either side of +1. but hands free is possible in pitch axis.

Remember as well, its not ideal to trim level anyways, the 109 performs better in high speed dives with the slight nose up attitude. Honestly I dont even notice it anymore.
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:13 AM   #23
LeCuvier

Reputation power: 5
LeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura about
Default Slider for stabilizer trim: only 70% of range used

On a related note, I use the slider on my TM Warthog throttle to set the stabilizer trim. This makes sense to me as the true aircraft uses something similar in the form of a wheel, and it works much better for me than a toggle switch.
However, the Bf-109 module only uses about 70% of the slider range. In other words, I reach max. nose-heavy trim when the slider is only about 70% forward. So when I set the slider to its center position the trim is already fairly tail-heavy. In my opinion this is not how the axis control should work. It should use the full range of the slider to go from max. tail-heavy to max. nose-heavy.
I believe that it worked that way before version 1.5.
In my opinion this is a bug.
Note: I have not set any curvature, deadband or custom curve
Edit: I hoped I could tweak it in the clickabledata.lua but that doesn't even contain an axis control (element of type default_axis or similar) for the trimwheel. Strange!

Last edited by LeCuvier; 02-17-2017 at 09:49 AM.
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #24
Siegfried

Reputation power: 3
Siegfried is on a distinguished road

Yes it's true, the same here. The max forward is 70% in my axis. I used a Saitek Throttle Quadrant for the test.
Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:52 AM   #25
LeCuvier

Reputation power: 5
LeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
Yes it's true, the same here. The max forward is 70% in my axis. I used a Saitek Throttle Quadrant for the test.
Yes, same result with the left throttle of my TM WH. The issue is clearly caused by rhe Bf-109 implementation.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #26
Reflected

Reputation power: 14
Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light

yepp, same here!

My Music
My DCS Skins
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #27
Siegfried

Reputation power: 3
Siegfried is on a distinguished road

I am thinking about maybe this is for a new thread out of this...
Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote