Ok, down to one activation already.., but VPN via hamachi works

Koriel

Fellas, just when the first people started to request technical support for the Russian version of BS in the English section it was made crystal clear that official support will be restricted to the Russian side of the forum, until the international version has been released. You all knew this when buying your copy, so please don't complain now about the lack of support.

And I would also like to remind everybody that discussion about SF and copy protection should be restricted to the "open letter" thread. Please stick to that.

Edited by Acedy

I do not see people demanding for help on a product that does not belong here, on this forum. I see them asking for help, on a forum that is called "ED forums" - this is very logical course of action and no one can blame them for that.

Who is blocking the flow of information and why? Only logical choice is that Russian publisher 1C is doing this, but this is not their forum. They have their own forum.

Regardless of thier asking, I think that thier questions could truly improve this product, not only technically as a simulation, but also comercially. I'm trying to keep objective stand here, simply noting that it is strange that creators of the game deny help.

I see no harm in discussing activation issues. Objectivelly, it looks like there are some problems with that, and open discussion will improve that part of the project. If any discussion is going to be forbidden, you will turn this forum into You're-so-beatiful-sucking-up billboard :(

One final thing ---

If tweaking RU edition into ENG language is forbidden, does that mean that any modding of this game will be illegal?!

Deas this apply to RU edition only, or ENG will be more open minded?

What if I add a language or replace an existing one? I plan to localize DCS into Croatian, there are other people keen to do similiar adaptation? Is this going to be illegal ?!?!

• Like 1

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

If tweaking RU edition into ENG language is forbidden, does that mean that any modding of this game will be illegal?!

Deas this apply to RU edition only, or ENG will be more open minded?

I've noticed that it's sensitive topic here but was that officially claimed? I'd consider that extremely silly to use gettext() from LGPL library libintl and then forbid people to use it. Since 1. it is meant to be easy to use (localize) and 2. they're already using someone elses work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the topic of activations (or more accurately de-activations) I see that in the bin/stable directory the usual protect.exe is available.

If you run that and translate the text it seems to be talking about de-activating a product in addition to activating it.

I haven't gone through the clicking process yet just in case I end up mangling my install but if you're made of stronger stuff it may be worth a look.

r.

It has been said before that there will be no support on the english forums until the International version is released.

This has been SAID before, and despite this, people have gone on to buy that particular release (which is supported by 1C!) and demand support here.

Stop it.

You might not like it, and hey, maybe even I don't like it, but there are reasons for things being as they are. I'm sorry, but you'll have to bear with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Lets just clarify something, I havent seen one single post DEMANDING anything...

Maybe it would be good for some official guidence on what consitutes tech support and what counts as just a question?

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

If you run that and translate the text it seems to be talking about de-activating a product in addition to activating it.

I haven't gone through the clicking process yet just in case I end up mangling my install but if you're made of stronger stuff it may be worth a look.

Yes, you can deactivate using that. Just remember you can do that 10 times, it's not unlimited.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right now this game isn't officially released on the international market.

Dont blow things out of proportion, im getting fed up of all the drama queen things going on lately.

People buy the game from russian page, hack it into a english version and demand support for it?

Whats wrong with the people lately ?

I wasnt aware that renaming a folder was considered hacking now? :huh: Dang my windows is hacked to hell then.

Regarding the rest, I will just stay silent. I would hate to get banned. :thumbup: Besides, Murphyd said it quite well.

Complaining about the russian version of the game, with a russian publisher(1C) on the english forums is slightly arkward, isn't it?

I would think no more awkward that someone who doesnt speak english who buys in the international version having to ask for support in the english forum.

Edited by =Prophet=
  • Like 1

...So when I have to reinstall windows in a few days, I will have te reactivate again? Or how do i recover my activation again? Can anyone help me out here?

Koriel's question was for anyone that might know, not just ED. It so happens this sim is still very new and most, if not all, still don't know these things, which means only ED (as they developed the software) can help... but as already pointed out tech support will be limited to Russian part of the forums only until international release.

His question is not nagging or starting drama, it's normal question many will have sooner or later. Limited activations are bad I think too to be honest, so I hope DVD version (international also) does not have it. I can live with getting DL version to try it out and wait out for international release but when people (including myself) upgrade hardware very frequently and activations go very quick it's not good to have to purchase the sim multiple times.

Anyway, its not fair to blaim ED right now for lack of support as again, they clearly stated there will be no support on English forums until international release.

Now beside this I have another question... I would have though all companies calculate into product cost things like loss of sales due to theft. Say if there are some statistic showing some 10% of sales are lost due to theft that this would be taken into account when making pricing?

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

As already posted, you can expect both information and support on the CP technology on the western forum when the western version is released.

The issue for us as forum moderators, is the accusation of unfairness, bias and other maltreatment of customers by ED. We've said this before and it's probably worth repeating again - if you choose to purchase a Russian copy of DCS:BS, you are purchasing outside of the currently intended market for the product, which effectively invalidates your purchase. It isn't about fairness, it's just a business reality and it is by no means a unique situation. AFAIK, Microsoft isn't going to provide you support for a Windows copy you purchased in China (even if it's legitimate) and Dell won't provide you support for a laptop you shipped to Russia.

Getting product to market requires a number of business relationships and contracts to work together and be on the same page. If the Russian release is not intended for the western market, ED can't simply turn around and sell or support it there, as that would impact their relationship with some of their business partners, including those who are expecting the western release to happen as agreed to previously. As such, expect no official product support from ED on the western forums until the western version of the product is ready. This is something we've been clear about on the forums and it was your personal choice to proceed through whatever hoops you needed to in order to get your hands on a Russian copy. No such hoops will be necessary for western costumers of the western version.

It's a little awkward for us as well, because we do appreciate the level of enthusiasm and the largely positive feedback this little shopping spree has been generating. Unfortunately, our hands are somewhat tied at the moment.

In regard to changing folders - yes, strictly speaking, any such alterations violate the EULA. If you are interested in altering content without violating the EULA, especially if you then intend to release such content externally, you can always try contacting ED for permission. I will note here that ED has never voiced any opposition to game modifications that are not abusive of ED's interests. Quite the opposite, ED has steadily been moving toward an open architecture, including exporting code to LUA, providing the community with 3D modeling plug-in tools, developing 3rd-party content creation tools, working with community modelers, etc.

As always and now even more than usual, we appreciate your patience. :)

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules