About the new comms

FalconPlot16

My guess would be - yes, eventually it brought up somewhere near if not fully at the SC level.

They've said they'll be bringing the ground based ATC up to something like par with the carrier, and I seem to remember them saying they were testing that years ago.

Presumably it's all modular shared code, so if the ATC is generally improved, are they really going to keep maintaining the old code just to have a very basic carrier ATC for the free carrier ?

Cheers.

Will we be able to use new comms despite we do not own the Supercarrier?

I think the answer is "it depends." We already have the beginning (i.e. needs work) of new CASE I comms on the carrier. For CASE II and CASE III, I believe those are SC module only. I'm not certain if ED has said anything explicit about the LSO for non-owners, but since its integral to the module, it seems unrealistic to expect it.

To the contrary...

My guess would be - yes, eventually it brought up somewhere near if not fully at the SC level.

They've said they'll be bringing the ground based ATC up to something like par with the carrier, and I seem to remember them saying they were testing that years ago.

Presumably it's all modular shared code, so if the ATC is generally improved, are they really going to keep maintaining the old code just to have a very basic carrier ATC for the free carrier?

Assuming here that the "old" carrier will be updated after they created the new ATC, but realistically I would think it will be back to what was there before -

same ATC no matter if land or carrier, and if you want carrier-specific comms, then use SC module.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Are they going to sell ATC pack for every single airport?

Doubt it, ED have said numerous times that redone ATC is in the works for airfields, not sure if it'll be free or what. I reckon it'll be what Weta said...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The new carrier ATC is one of the selling points of the super carrier, and ED has said the Stennis will be remaining as-is with no more improvements.

I sincerely hope the field ATC improvements won't have any cost. In my mind, improving them isn't necessarily an extra but a core feature that's been missing from the sim thus far.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

The new carrier ATC is one of the selling points of the super carrier, and ED has said the Stennis will be remaining as-is with no more improvements.
That's my understanding too

I sincerely hope the field ATC improvements won't have any cost. In my mind, improving them isn't necessarily an extra but a core feature that's been missing from the sim thus far.

True, I would think of it as a core feature (and a pretty important one, the current implementation leaves plenty to be desired). But I guess I'd be willing to pay for a broad upgrade pack to airfield comms/comms in general if need be... It is a fairly workload intensive thing to get right, so IMO it's not totally unreasonable that there might be a price to pay...

I would be against paid airfield ATC comms for individual airports.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.